Super Contributor

RECIPE FOR NON-RERIGERATED OREO TRUFFLES???

I'm hoping you guys can help me! 

I'm making and sending in "Zombie Eyes" for my son's class, which does not have a refrigerator,!   I wanted to make them using Golden Oreo truffles, but without the cream cheese.  I found a recipe to use frosting in place of it.  I'm afraid to use the cream cheese and have them be out of the fridge for so long.

Do any of you off hand, have a tried and true recipe to use to make non-refrigerated oreo truffles? 

Thanks! so much! 

Honored Contributor

Re: RECIPE FOR NON-RERIGERATED OREO TRUFFLES???

I found a recipe online at beantownbaker that calls for sweetened condensed milk instead of cream cheese so you don't have to refrigerate. I have never tried this recipe. I did make some oreo truffles at Christmas a couple of years ago with the cream cheese & they were so rich we could not eat them.

Oreo Truffles

1 package Oreos
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
melted chocolate of your choice

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.

Crush oreos using a food processor. I put about 12 cookies in at a time.

Add vanilla and milk. Stir until ingredients come together. Work quickly to form the mixture into small balls and place on cookie sheet. Put into refrigerator to chill (for easy dipping).

Melt the chocolate using your favorite method. I like to use the microwave. I also added some vegetable oil to the chocolate to thin it out.

Dip chocolate balls into melted chocolate and put back on cookie sheet.

Super Contributor

Re: RECIPE FOR NON-RERIGERATED OREO TRUFFLES???

Thanks NightOwlz!! I'll look into this!! Smiley Happy