Respected Contributor

You're paying between $19.00 and $20.00 per pound, yet you don't have any indication of whether the meat is Choice or Prime. 

That's a whole lot of money for sirloin Steaks.

Respected Contributor

Re: RASTELLI SIRLOIN STEAKS

[ Edited ]

we purchased their top of the line steaks once - and never ever again will we buy from them.

they show beautiful meat during the presentation, and what we received were fatty and gross.

I do not eat animal - but my husband does and he ended up giving them to his cousin to cook for her 4 dogs.

Honored Contributor

I really like Rastelli and their products are very nice.   The pork ribeyes are my fav.   Those are so good!  I just had one the other day and it had been a while.  I almost forgot how good they are.  Smiley Happy

But I don't get the thing with them, and other vendors, and sirloin.   I just don't understand how sirloin, which is about as low-end as you can get for a steak, can be so expensive AND desired.

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I really like Rastelli and their products are very nice.   The pork ribeyes are my fav.   Those are so good!  I just had one the other day and it had been a while.  I almost forgot how good they are.  Smiley Happy

But I don't get the thing with them, and other vendors, and sirloin.   I just don't understand how sirloin, which is about as low-end as you can get for a steak, can be so expensive AND desired.

I don't understand that either.  Give me a fillet or prime rib anyday!

@chickenbutt wrote:

Honored Contributor

I’ll stick with getting my meat at Costco.  DH and I enjoy steak and usually have it twice a week, once with sautéed mushrooms and green vegetable, and the next night cut up into a tossed dinner salad. The sirloin works well for us and I can get 10 servings of steak for roughly $25 or so, making it very affordable for meals at home.  When we eat out we’ll order prime rib, ribeye, or filet.  

Esteemed Contributor

This is what you are buying for that fine price 😜

Ingredients: Beef, Water, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates.

Honored Contributor

Re: RASTELLI SIRLOIN STEAKS

[ Edited ]

@arrabella wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I don't understand that either.  Give me a fillet or prime rib anyday!

Totally!  I'm a ribeye girl.  I'd take a filet in a pinch, but I just love the flavor/marbelling of a ribeye.   

My husband's favorite meal is a ribeye with my dry rub, and a roasted asparagus that I also make.   Best thing about that - it's a super easy meal to make and he's very, very happy.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

You're paying between $19.00 and $20.00 per pound, yet you don't have any indication of whether the meat is Choice or Prime. 

That's a whole lot of money for sirloin Steaks.

Anyone who pays this price has a hole in their head.  You can find steaks this size 30-50 percent cheaper at Walmart.  Shop SMART folks.  So many people do not shop around they are impulse buyers like I used to be.

Respected Contributor

I just said to my wife . 8    8 once steaks for 200 bucks. Way over priced we think. Omaha steaks have great meat slot cheaper. We buy slot of ours meat from bjs  wholesale club. There meat is really good. 

Valued Contributor

They are "desired" because it's in the marketing!