Regular Contributor

Question on Kitchen Aid 9 cup food processor K50013

I just purchased this item, and I can't get it to slice items. It just chews it up. I am using the correct blade, but don't know what I am doing wrong. I wanted to slice zucchine. Help please.

Respected Contributor

Re: Question on Kitchen Aid 9 cup food processor K50013

[ Edited ]

Are you following the instructions in the user manual?

Does KA have an 800# help line that you can call?

Esteemed Contributor

I've had frustrating times with K-A too.  No doubt you have the correct blade but....do you have it installed properly?  There are 2 sides to most K-A disc - believe slice side should be facing you.  Blades have been my problem too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my experience, the smaller (11 cup and 7 cup) Cuisinarts are the simplest and most effective food processors out there.  Just a thought if you send one back.

They are simple but do the job without a hassle. THe ones with the straight up and down bowls and the on/off/pulse buttons.  

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

There are 2 positions the slicing blade sits at.  One position (for storage of blades) is lower than the other position.  If you want to slice, make sure the slicing side is facing up. Make sure you put the blade in the higher position on the spindle that holds it.  You need to pull it up and rotate it a quarter turn.