Honored Contributor

Re: Question about a pot luck dessert

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I have been on a keto eating plan and I want to bring something that I can enjoy to a community pot luck in a few weeks. I plan to bring a meatball casserole and a Keto flourless chocolate cake for dessert.

My question is. . . the cake is plain, although very rich and decadent, so I was thinking about making a raspberry sauce to pour over it. Should I pour the sauce before I put the cake out, or have it in a dish for self-serving? (I am getting flashbacks of When Harry Met Sally!) It would be easier to pre-pour it and serve it, but I can bring a small bowl and ladle if that would be better. Does anyone NOT like raspberry and chocolate??? I also thought about dusting the top with (sugar free) powdered sugar and/or sliced almonds?

TIA for your thoughts.

@Lisa now in AZ Kudos to you for staying on course and planning to succeed 👊.  I would be concerned about your sauce compromising the integrity of your cake, if it sat too long.  I'd serve the sauce on the side.  

BTW. - I'd love to try your recipe, if you wouldn't mind sharing it.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question about a pot luck dessert

Thank you ALL so much for your thoughts and it was unanimous - sauce on the side!

@JeanLouiseFinch Re: the recipe. As I have said, I have been eating kind of keto (actually Dirty, Lazy Keto) and it has been working really well. But, often the recipes that sound yummy don't always turn out that way, as you get used to the different flours and sweetners. So, I am going to make a trial version of the cake this week and if it is as good as it looks/sounds, I will post the recipe. Or, you can go to the source, which is

theroastedroot dot net. And put in the search box Flourless keto chocolate cake. She has amazing recipes on there, so I am hoping this is a winner. And, with 0 net carbs, I am really excited to make it.

Thanks again for your help!