Honored Contributor

Re: Question about Oxo salad spinner

I echo the ‘pro’ reviews.  I love my Oxo salad thingy.

Use it almost every day. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone for answering. Love the advice about putting paper towels in with the lettuce when you store it to help keep it crisp. Never have done that before.

Even though there are some negative reviews (Amazon), most are positive, plus America's Test Kitchen rate it as their number one salad spinner. I guess why I'm hesitating is because, as I mentioned in my original post, I have that old Prepology one. Hate to buy another one since I have that, but it looks to me like the Oxo one might spin faster than mine. I also don't really like having to have batteries in order to use it (2 C's). I might go ahead because I can get the big one in the green & white for $9.79 plus tax. That's not bad!

Honored Contributor

I like my Oxo spinner and have had it many years, say twenty.  Then again, I'm not a salad connoisseur and am less fussy than most.  And Oxo spinners may be made differently today than they were twenty years ago.

Respected Contributor

I like my OXO spinner. I do spin several times to be sure. ( don’t Like it when DH helps with dishes and takes top apart to clean thoroughly) I am satisfied with a rinse and wash if bowl.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The secret is don't over fill them. They work great, I have used one since the begging of the 80's.

Honored Contributor

I bought one from Aldi's a few years back for around $10. 

It really works. Spins out all the water. Amazing since I really did not think it would work that well.