Respected Contributor

And now they're removing posts because they contain a coupon code.  Can somebody who is one of the police people tell me why????????????????????????? 

Honored Contributor

@KatieB wrote:

And now they're removing posts because they contain a coupon code.  Can somebody who is one of the police people tell me why????????????????????????? 

Shoekitty said

This has always been the case,  always.  Even back in 2007 they did it.  I think it is written in the community standards under spamming, advertising and such.  I don't think it is not they don't want you to get a coupon code, QVC does not want to be responsible for someone else's advertising. Who is to say it is not a store owner or affiliate giving out coupon codes.? That's my take.  I didn't say I agree, I said that is the rules forever.

Before the post change they did remove them, they just weren't as diligent, now they have the extra moderators, and new software.

I can tell you this, posters still do it, they just do it differently, and under the radar.  That's all I know

Respected Contributor

It may because they don't want us promoting shopping sites that aren't QVC.  You know, competition and all.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
QVC Customer Care

@KatieB

Per QVC Community Standards “Use of these public areas for commercial purposes is prohibited. Do not use any Community features (including, but not limited to, video, forums, reviews, images, and profiles) to solicit funds, advertise, or solicit goods or services, or post third-party promotional material. Only use these public areas and Community features for non-commercial purposes.”

http://www.qvc.com/QVCCommunity.content.html

I hope this is helpful.

Honored Contributor

BECAUSE MOST BUSINESSES DON'T SPEND MONEY ON PROMOTIONS FOR COMPETITIORS.  IT DOESN'T MAKE MONEY OR SENSE.

Respected Contributor

Besides the issue of QVC's not allowing it, I would think common decency would prevail.   I mean, it's rude.  

Would you go into someone's home and talk about how much nicer the neighbors' is? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

LOL, I'm personally surprised they don't remove all the: Hey this is on sale at Evine or Hsn.   Personally if you think those sites are so great post over there.    If I want to know what's on over there, I'll check.   I don't come here to see what's on sale someplace else.

Most boards do not let posters advertise their competitors, I'm not so sure what's confusing about it?   People have been complaining about lack of moderation for years and now we're not happy that they are here and enforcing the rules.   Boo hoo....

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I'm assuming this post is regarding the Penzey's code for black pepper, if that's the case then I don't see how they're competing with the Q. The last I checked QVC didn't sell a lot of spices and Penzey's sells pretty much nothing but spices.

Forums should exist to help a community, in this case a community of QVC shoppers. Sharing a coupon for a store that's not a direct competitor doesn't strike me as being out of line for such a community. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor
@Paulette-QVC or any other moderator: I understand how the codes could violate that Standard, but could you please explain how posting a code is any different from the other numerous posts that advertise products? For example, the Beauty forum is full of posts about products not found at QVC and recommendations about where to buy QVC products for better price. We often see posts about sales at retail or online businesses. The Fashion and Shoe forums are often full of photos and links to clothing that can be purchased outside of QVC. Again, many references to outside sales and website links. As previously mentioned, the forum frequently has posts about products available at other shopping channels. Why don't you delete those posts since they essentially have the same effect as a coupon code and advertisement?
Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:
@Paulette-QVC or any other moderator: I understand how the codes could violate that Standard, but could you please explain how posting a code is any different from the other numerous posts that advertise products? For example, the Beauty forum is full of posts about products not found at QVC and recommendations about where to buy QVC products for better price. We often see posts about sales at retail or online businesses. The Fashion and Shoe forums are often full of photos and links to clothing that can be purchased outside of QVC. Again, many references to outside sales and website links. As previously mentioned, the forum frequently has posts about products available at other shopping channels. Why don't you delete those posts since they essentially have the same effect as a coupon code and advertisement?

I agree with you 100%...   If that's the case as other posters have mentioned, why can we mention HSN or EVINE or ANY other stores and those not be removed...  It still makes no sense to me.