Valued Contributor

DO ANY OF YOU BUY ANY   THE PRICES ARE OFF THE BOARD

Honored Contributor

Nobody ever buys any QVC food.  Isn't that why they have so many food shows?

Valued Contributor

I have in the past. I no longer do.  I had bought Corky's ribs years ago, but after getting two shipments that were just awful, I canceled that. Same thing for Kansas City Steaks, got some really nasty steaks after the first few shipments. The quality went downhill fast on that.  Anything else offered, I can either make myself or find better deals elsewhere.

The prices far outweigh the convenience factor for me now, so I am no longer interested.

And as far as snarky comments stating you aren't forced to buy. That is silly, ALL of us are quite aware we DO NOT HAVE TO BUY. It is simply someone else's opinion and their right to post it.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Trusted Contributor

Why is this posted in Book Club?

Respected Contributor

I buy a very selected few frozen items.  

My favorites are:

Kansas City Prime Rib.  I have ordered these for years for holidays and the price and quality can not be beat! Seasoned, aged, and ready to roast.

Also, years ago KC offered beef wellington that were expensive, but amazing and fool proof.  

KC used to also offer fillet steaks that were certified by the American Heart Association.  130 calories and very low fat. I had these on AD until they cut me off because the price was too low!  I miss these steaks!

Pot stickers.....these really are so much better that the ones I have purchased locally (TJ's or Costco). There is an abundance of filling and less starch.  They run these a lot as ODO's and that's when I buy them.

Items like croissants, cheesecakes, cookies, muffins, popcorn, I either make or buy locally.

Respected Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Why is this posted in Book Club?

________ 

I just noticed this, but after I posted.

Respected Contributor

My guess is that the OP is new to the boards and did not notice her post was listed in a specific category.

Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I buy the potstickers (combo...pork for me, veggie for son).  IMO, they're much better tasting than the variety offered in supermarkets, Costco, etc.  I (try) and wait for ODO offers, but the price of $54.00 including s/h isn't too bad.  I also recommend My Grandma's cinnamon walnut coffee cake (3 lb size).  It's very moist and buttery tasting with just the right amount of cinnamon, they should add a bit more of the walnut pieces😉  It's been out of stock for over a month (or more)😕

Valued Contributor

SO SORRY  NEW TO THE BOARD

Honored Contributor

I buy a LOT of food.  Prices are comparable to any other Food Home Delivery service I have priced.

They are convenience foods for quick meals.  When I was cooking for an ill parent, I desperately needed the convenience.  Now I stay on auto delivery for those items I really love.

I find the quality far superior to frozen bags I have purchased at Sam's Club.

I would say about 80% of what I have ordered, I have been VERY pleased with.  If not, I get a credit.

The Heartland Buttermilk Chicken is fantastic!

I LOVE the Bobby Chez crabcakes but Q doesn't offer his food anymore.  I buy directly from Bobby's site.  Q had better prices.

The only thing I haven't purchased is the Junior's Cheesecakes.  If you price cheesecakes at a bakery, the prices are not that far out of line.

I just don't because I make a MEAN cheesecake myself!  LOL  But it costs me a good penny!