Trusted Contributor

Mine came today,the use and care booklet says to use the included measuring cup,but the Rice Cooker CookBook says to use a standard measuring cup,which do you use?

Honored Contributor

I personally find the measuring cup that comes with the rice cooker to be confusing so I just use regular measuring cups and when I make rice I use a 1 to 1 ratio.

I have made lots of recipes from the cook book (plus a lot that I made up on my own) but if you follow the cook book guidelines you should do fine.

Trusted Contributor

thanks

Respected Contributor

I use the measurements in the Getz cookbook.  Perfect results every time.

Respected Contributor

Re: Puck Rice Cooker

[ Edited ]

@spud188 wrote:

Mine came today,the use and care booklet says to use the included measuring cup,but the Rice Cooker CookBook says to use a standard measuring cup,which do you use?

To answer your question, @spud188 , you should follow the recipe instructions.  Marian's book uses standard measures so you should follow that.  

I just posted on the other active Wolf thread.  The Portable Rice Cooker is on sale for $19.95 + $4.95 S&H  2 FLEX  of $9.98.... for anyone interested in a first one or a second backup unit.   I have two and use them nearly daily.  If you're purchasing your first one, PLEASE purchase the cookbook that goes with it by Marian Getz. 

Not sure if you are aware but there is a wealth of information and many recipes in some threads that were started when the Portable Rice Cooker was a TSV earlier this year.  If you search on Wolfgang Puck Portable Rice Cooker you can peruse them, if you're interested. Smiley Happy 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

the cook book 's instructions.

I have 2 of these rice cookers and have used them a lot all summer and find it to be great for my 2 person family. I would suggest buying the cookbook . I didn't until I bought the 2nd one and it has been a help to me. It has instructions for various size rice cookers, so could be more versatile if you have other sizes also. I was surprised how much more can be prepared in a rice cooker than rice.