Honored Contributor

Re: Products You loved That Disappeared!!!

[ Edited ]

I don't know the name of this cookie but it might have been a Keebler.  They were in a bag that opened from the top.  It was a round milk chocolate sandwich cookie with chocolate frosting in the middle.  It had raised swirls on top and a hole in the center where the icing was in a little mound though it.  They were the best ever and were popular so I wonder why they disappeared.  

Honored Contributor

I know this is boring but Top Job kitchen cleaner.  I used to buy it at Walmart for $1 and it blew through everything with no residue.  Haven't found anything that I like as much unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Salerno butter cookies.

Oxydol laundry detergent.

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Kraft Butter Mints, they were so creamy & melted in your mouth. I only bought them as a special treat for the Holidays & my sons looked forward to them....so disappointed when the mints were discontinued.

@kitcat51I've made butter mints.  The syrup is poured out on cold buttered marble and then pulled like taffy.  They have to "cure" in a tin.

The pressed mints of today just aren't as good IMO.

These are from Chesapeake House.

Image result for butter mints recipe

Esteemed Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I don't know the name of this cookie but it might have been a Keebler.  They were in a bag that opened from the top.  It was a round milk chocolate sandwich cookie with chocolate frosting in the middle.  It had raised swirls on top and a hole in the center where the icing was in a little mound though it.  They were the best ever and were popular so I wonder why they disappeared.  

Hi @Pook  ... I remember them.  I do believe they were made by Keebler.  Loved them!    Don't understand why they were discontinued.  

Trusted Contributor

A lot of discontinued food items are still available at Vermont Country Store's website---other products too, like Tangee lipsticks. Check it out.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Kraft Butter Mints, they were so creamy & melted in your mouth. I only bought them as a special treat for the Holidays & my sons looked forward to them....so disappointed when the mints were discontinued.

@kitcat51I've made butter mints.  The syrup is poured out on cold buttered marble and then pulled like taffy.  They have to "cure" in a tin.

The pressed mints of today just aren't as good IMO.

These are from Chesapeake House.

Image result for butter mints recipe

I've tried so many different mints over the years & nothing comes close to the Kraft but I'm not familiar with this brand. My kids still enjoy mints so I buy them at Cracker Barrel, they're just ok & only a step above grocery store brands. Thanks for the idea of making them, never thought of doing that & I'll check out the Parson's butter mints too.

Super Contributor

Marie Callender used to have the best broiled whole chicken breast and wing with mashed potatoes.  It was so quick to nuke and was only 350 calories for the entire dinner.

Banquet used to sell a boxed frozen fried chicken that you bake in the oven, you could bake all the pieces or just a few.  I can't find this in any stores around here so I guess they don't offier it anymore. 

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

D1A1D484-E7EE-4808-91D2-0E9C5A0D737B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Campbell's frozen Cream of Shrimp soup.  I had a recipe to make a dip with it and it was delicious.  Not the same using canned soup even if they do have shrimp (which I'm not sure they do.)  I didn't make it often, but it was a winner.