Honored Contributor

Pressure Cooker--TSV or another one?

I would like to have a pressure cooker that is also a slow cooker, plus has enough settings so I don't have to drag out the pressure cooker cookbook every time I want to cook something.

So do you have ones you like who fit this bill?  Should I try the TSV or do you have an alternate suggestion?  I respect your opinions and thanks for sharing them!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pressure Cooker--TSV or another one?

I know people are probably tired of hearing me but I absolutely love the InstantPot.  I had a CE and upgraded to the InstantPot and my meals just came out so much better.  Same recipes, same ingredients, same cook just better results.  Plus the pot is stainless steel which is what I was looking for and is incredibly easy to clean.

Frequent Contributor

I own a 6qt pressure cooker made by Emeril that has a browning, slow cooker, and rice cooker setting.  Easy non stick and works like a dream.  I'm very happy with mine and highly recommend it.

Contributor

I second the vote for Instant Pot.  I've had mine a few weeks and it's terrific.  I like that the liner pot doesn't have nonstick coating on it.  Lots of good user groups too.  I had a CE PC some years ago and never got the hang of using it and it was hard to clean.  I gave it to my SIL.  Also, read reviews of the CE PC.  Someone mentioned there were a lot of low reviews with remarks like it worked less than a year.

Amazon sometimes has sales on the Instant Pot, or join facebook groups about the IP and get promo codes for $50 off when you order from the IP website.

Super Contributor

I have never used a pressure cooker. My mother had the one that had the jiggle steam vent on top and scared me to death. The TSV looks simpler so I thought I'd try it. I'd like faster cooking, and what my mom prepared was really good.

If this doesn't cook the way I think it should, I can send it back or give it to Good Will.

tea

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the responses.  I will be sure to check and see how people like theirs, and I DO like the non non-stick pot idea!  THAT really appeals to me.

Super Contributor

I'm in the market for an electric PC.  I usually use a stovetop one which works great but there are those times I wish I could walk away.  So, I took your advice mtc and ordered the Instantpot from Amazon!  I'm psyched to get it.  

I was going to order the tsv but after reading reviews and reading this forum, decided against it. How do I find the forums or whatever they are for fans of Instantpot?  I don't do Facebook so I'm hoping it's not there,lol. Thanks 

Honored Contributor

@RooRoo wrote:

I'm in the market for an electric PC.  I usually use a stovetop one which works great but there are those times I wish I could walk away.  So, I took your advice mtc and ordered the Instantpot from Amazon!  I'm psyched to get it.  

I was going to order the tsv but after reading reviews and reading this forum, decided against it. How do I find the forums or whatever they are for fans of Instantpot?  I don't do Facebook so I'm hoping it's not there,lol. Thanks 

They have a bunch of recipes on the instantpot website. They also have a community you can join on FB. You could set up an account to use just for the instantpot community.

Trusted Contributor

I am another vote for Instapot. I got a really good deal on one on Amazon this summer when they had that mid-summer black Friday sale.  Not much else I wanted from that sad sale, but really I did get a good buy on the Instapot.  I love it!

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

THANKS for your opinions!  I got an offer today for 20 percent off on  ******or Lux model (6 qt.)  and pounced on that!  I got a stainless pot to go in to as well as the ceramic ones--so I'll be posting a review on that when I get it!  It slow cooks, does all kinds of rices, pressure cooks, simmers, browns, and makes yogurt (although I have two yogurt makers I'll keep using I'm sure).  It sounds pretty much like the Insta Pot after reading about them.

I can't wait to try it out, and I thought the steel insert was great!  I can marinate something in that and throw it in the cooker or start some rice after I cook meat and not have to use the same insert.  

Cross your fingers for me! It came out to $133 I think for the pot and extra cooker.  Shipping was free and it was 20 percent off the regular $159 (same price everywhere else) so that was $103.  I thought it was worth the try.  It was from a cooking store that has brick and morter and a big web presence as well, and I have shopped AND bought online from them before.