Honored Contributor

Re: Plastics -- this cannot go on and on.

@Shanus wrote:

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Free2be  If you knew how unhealthy plastics are, you wouldn't be using them at all in your kitchen! Those plastics containers you mentioned leach chemicals into your food. Best to avoid all plastics and use glass containers. Avoid the litter problem and the health problems. You have only read a portion of the plastic problem. Keep reading and stay informed.

@BirkiLady  Yes, after sending back my Lock N Lock because the newer containers stain, I read that when in the microwave, the chemicals from the containers (most plastic ones) do enter the food. This goes for plastic wrap as well. 

I’ve been to replace the plastic storage pieces w/ Pyrex or other glass containers for reasonable prices at TJ Maxx, Marshall’s or Target.

Yes, they’re heavier & you have to be more careful re: chipping, but I’m not poisoning my family.

@Shanus, other than the fact that L&L is plastic, I disagree with your assessment. I don't microwave mine, but if I were so inclined, I have no worries about any danger to my food. L&L is BPH-free.

As for staining, no problems either, maybe because I don't microwave them.

I plan on taking my L&L to the grave with me, although no guarantees that I might not end up in a landfill myself. :-) But seriously, the dangers to our planet are myriad and potentially so destructive that it may alter or end our world as we know it.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Plastics -- this cannot go on and on.

LOL taking lock n lock to the grave, maybe lock n lock will make a coffin and we will be preserved. just kidding.