Respected Contributor

Perfect Cooker Update

[ Edited ]

I have been trying different things in the cooker and here is another use for it. I wanted to know if Lipton Extra Noodle Soup would cook in it and for how long. I used 1 packet with 3 cups of warm water- per packet directions. and set the timer for 30 minutes and it was perfect. I did stir once after 15 minutes. After 30 minutes it went over to warm. I took off of warm and shut it off until I ate lunch. This should be good for warming our foods also and making dry soups as well as condensed soup without doing them on the stove. No stirring or standing at the stove. Smiley Happy

Note: My daughter just stopped by and I gave her the rest of the meatloaf left that I made in this. She loved it and said it was so moist. She just turned 50 a few weeks ago and as an added little gift I just ordered the purple Perfect Cooker for her. Perfect for her as her kids are in their twenty' sand not around much. She is a single Mom and works hard at her job every day. She will be so surprised. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am still figuring out the best uses for this. I made my 1 banana bread this morning and it took longer than in my WP cooker. I thought that with the timer, it would be better, but maybe because I made a smaller version, it didn't seem to be any faster or easier. I have a feeling that people are going to try to make this the best appliance for everything, and I don't think it will be. i DO like the timer, though, and I think that will be helpful. Just have to remember that it IS a slow cooker and things don't get done very quickly. I appreciate everyone sharing their experienes, though.

For example, I can't see that I would be willing to wait 30 minutes for a bowl of soup and would probably use the stove or even the microwave for that. But, thank you @MKR14 for sharing your experiments with us - you seem to be a dedicated user! My next experiment is going to be trying the brownie cheesecake from the Ming Tsai cooker in this one. I think it would fit size-wise, so I am going to give it a try. My friend LOVES when I make that and she got one of these cookers, so I told her I would tell her how she can make that dessert, as soon as I figure it out, timing-wise.

Respected Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ Your brownie cheesecake sounds good. It probably will take longer than an hour in this. I liked doing the soup today as I can set it and forget it until it's done. It won't boil over and it was really good. I hate being tied to a stove and it doesn't heat the kitchen up. I have never had anything boil out of the top. I use my microwave for lots of things and my stove doesn't get used much. Between my microwave, Pressure Cooker, Skinny Mini, Ninja 4-in-1 and this I have the best of all gadgets. The Perfect Cooker cleans up easily and nothing sticks to it. I love the cheesecake recipe but it does take longer than it states but worth it. I guess patience is the key with this cooker  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14, Thanks for the tip. I do like what you say about not having to watch anything boil over and I am so glad you are getting such good use from these little toys. I haven't used my Skinny mini as much as I had hoped, but keep going back to the little WP rice cooker. I use my 4-in-1 for bigger things like brisket. I did pick up some cans of fruit nectar today since they used that with frozen fruit i the Ninja Storm, which I also picked up when it was the TSV. Someone STOP me!!! Now I just need to figure out how to get things like the brownie cheesecake out and over on the plate the right way without it becoming a hot mess. No one has refused to eat it because of how it looks, though!

Valued Contributor

A circle of parchment paper cut to fit the bottom of the pan should help the cake release. 

I use use this handy little cooker to use up all of the veggies left in the fridge. I chop them and put onto bottom of the cooker. I season with a sprinkle of white wine. After mixing egg, milk, and cheese with herbs of choice, I pour over and cook til set. A delicious one dish quiche/frittata type meal. 

Trusted Contributor

@jewel3, your frittata sounds wonderful. Thanks for the tip about the parchment paper, but I actually don't have any issues getting the cheesecake out - just figuring how to get it out and turn it over so the bottom stays on the bottom, if that makes sense! The release is great, so far.

Honored Contributor

I used it to bake a piece of salmon.  Just topped it with lemon juice, seasonings and a pat of margarine.  Cooked it for 30 minutes and it was perfect.  No heating huge oven for one slice of salmon.  I also have the WP, and the Lorena Garcia cooker and like all of them.  The QVC perfect cooker is a little larger which works better for some items.  I think you can also control the time better on the QVC cooker.