Honored Contributor

People Eating Out Of Potato Chip Bag

Yes, I know some will say this is petty but this is just a fun thread.

I don't like it but husband and both sons do it.

This may seem crazy but my husband and I have our own bags. One thing we like different kinds. But I don't like anyone eating right out of the bag.

Get a bowlSmile

Honored Contributor

Re: People Eating Out Of Potato Chip Bag

Many say the manufacturers designed the potato chip bag to be as 'crunchy' as the product when eating straight out of the bag. Gives the customer a 'multi-sensory' experience so they eat more. Clever, huh?

Contributor

I always eat out of the bag. My husband and son do also. Now this does not work at my mother's house. It's her pet peeve. Especially if you stand and eat out of the bag. She gives that look and you know you better find a chair and a bowl.

Super Contributor

I eat out of the bag. I'd hate to waste a bowl and have to wash it later. (Maybe I'm lazy, though.)

Regular Contributor

I have teenagers. Ever since they were little they have put their chips/snacks in a bowl. I taught them for portion control. I don't measure a serving, I just didn't think that it was OK to eat an entire bag of chips out of a bag. Really, nobody should.

Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't bother me if family does it here at home, but it creeps me out when I'm at a pot luck and see people digging in with their hand even though there are tongs nearby.
Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 tiamaria said:

I have teenagers. Ever since they were little they have put their chips/snacks in a bowl. I taught them for portion control. I don't measure a serving, I just didn't think that it was OK to eat an entire bag of chips out of a bag. Really, nobody should.

I don't eat the entire bag in one sitting, I simply don't like dirtying dishes unless necessary. But I understand the point of portion control and applaud your efforts in teaching your children about it.

Honored Contributor

I don't like that either. I think it's the same thing as 'double dipping'. Ugh!

Regular Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Colonel Meow said:
On 4/3/2015 tiamaria said:

I don't eat the entire bag in one sitting, I simply don't like dirtying dishes unless necessary. But I understand the point of portion control and applaud your efforts in teaching your children about it.

I personally would have a hard time putting the bag down and may possible eat it all.......when I have a bowl I know I have to eat it slowly because I can see when I am coming to the end!!! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

I found that eating out of the bags leaves grease on the back of my hand, so usually dump some chips onto a plate or paper towel, neater this way.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}