Respected Contributor

Re: Penzy's has a great freebie today - 8 jarred spices boxed

I ordered the free box and enough spices to get the free shipping. Then I realized that the order would put me over the top for spice storage. So I went to Home Goods and found a five shelf rack that would hang over and behind the pantry door. I also got a Yankee Candle and a Village Candle.

Esteemed Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Love their stuff.  Great keeper or even as a gift.  Really a very nice offer.  Free shipping if you spend $20.  

Ordered some spices that I have not tried before Shallots, Za'atar and Sesame seeds.

Hi @hopi - I took advantage of the offer last night and the website was probably mobbed because I kept getting that forever-turning circle. But finally my order went through and I was a happy girl.

I love Penzey's!  Years ago we had a poster here named Ella who was a professional cook. She turned me on to Penzey's. My first jar was Mural of Flavor. I have half a cabinet filled with their jars, plus a large box filled with the plastic bags of spices because I learned if you buy a larger quantity it's almost the same price as the smaller size. However, I'm not much of a cook and I'm sure those bags have lost some of their potency.

I also love Bill Penzey, and I will do whatever I can to help him in getting his thoughts and beliefs out there. That's all I can say about that!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

@coconut1818 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up!  The freeze dried shallots are wonderful.  I use a lot of their spices.  Tuscan Sunset, Ancho Chili Pepper Powder, Vietnamese Cinnamon are some of my favorites. 

@coconut1818I love the Freeze Dried Shallots too, as well as the Fox Point, which has the shallots and other spices. I love it on scrambled eggs.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this set is absolutely free if you have a store near you!

all you have to do is walk in and pick it up.

(it is free also online, but you do have to pay for shipping if you dont want to purchase $20 worth of products to get the free shipping.)

i have really been loving this company lately.....and not only for their products, but also for the stances they take.

@sunshine45- I'm with you. Bill is my hero!!!

Honored Contributor

I had to go snoop out what you folks were talking about (that is an outstanding deal) but does Penzy's not have Shallot Salt anymore?  That was always my favorite.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

I had to go snoop out what you folks were talking about (that is an outstanding deal) but does Penzy's not have Shallot Salt anymore?  That was always my favorite.

they have shallot pepper seasoning, which has salt in it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@hopi, or anyone else, I placed my very first order with them after seeing this offer. How long does it typically take for orders to arrive? Thanks for any help. 

Honored Contributor

i placed my order last sunday, may 15th and have not yet recieved it. i am sure they had a big response to that offer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Thanks, @sunshine45. I placed my order on the 15th, too. Since I've never ordered before I didn't know what to expect.

Thanks again,

pup

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45,@pupwhipped

They ran out of jars.  They sent an email the first evening saying they would honor all orders and even new orders  the day that the listed the promo. They were totally sold out.  It was there biggest response in their cyber history.  I am on the email list.  Wonder if they just sent out the notice to customers who are on the mailing list thinking they would all get the second email.. 

My 1st order came in 2 days which is usual.  I did place a second order after the second email.  This company is extemely trust worthy.  If you are concerned either call or email them to let them know.

You will be pleased it is worth the wait.  

eta: Found the email in my trash ......

Yes, this email on most every level makes no sense to send—most every level but one. Gone is our massive inventory of Soul boxes we had prepared. If you order your free Soul box tonight it will be weeks before you see it because your demand not only used up the mountain of Soul boxes we had made, your demand used up our supply of 1/4-cup jars. It will be 3 weeks before our next shipment arrives and we can begin making more.

Plus, most of you are ordering a few extra Spices/Seasonings to go along with your free $34.95 Soul box to take advantage of our reduced $20 minimum for free shipping, which helps us out a lot and we appreciate it. But at this point the Soul Box will be back-ordered and those items won’t start shipping until a week from tomorrow. So delays for you and two shipping costs for us, everything every online/mail order company does all it can to avoid