Respected Contributor

Re: Peanut M&Ms - Cost per piece, just in case you're curious!

I have problems with that dangerous candy isle also.  For a while, there were no M&Ms on the shelves.  

Honored Contributor

I was just playing with it, for fun, and seem to come up with a totally different number - definitely way more than two hundredths of a cent.   I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

At any rate - Love those Peanut M&Ms!  Smiley Happy  I always have some in a L&L in the refrigerator.  They stay good for ages.  I think I bought that large bag more than a year ago.  

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

I ran out to the grocery store to pick up a few things and somehow managed to go down the dangerous candy aisle.  Low and behold, a jumbo bag of Red, White and Blue peanut M&Ms jumped into my cart!  🙄

Anywho, the 38 oz. bag has ~38, 1 oz. servings, ~12 pieces per serving.  The cost of the bag was $11.99, so that works out to .0262938596 cents per M&M.  Just so you know!  LOL!

960543101.jpeg

@LdyBugz : Thank you for not listing the calorie information.🤷‍♀️😳😄😄😄

Trusted Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

I have problems with that dangerous candy isle also.  For a while, there were no M&Ms on the shelves.  

It wasn't me!!

Trusted Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I was just playing with it, for fun, and seem to come up with a totally different number - definitely way more than two hundredths of a cent.   I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

At any rate - Love those Peanut M&Ms!  Smiley Happy  I always have some in a L&L in the refrigerator.  They stay good for ages.  I think I bought that large bag more than a year ago.  

You have a lot of will power!  I envy that!

Trusted Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@LdyBugz wrote:

I ran out to the grocery store to pick up a few things and somehow managed to go down the dangerous candy aisle.  Low and behold, a jumbo bag of Red, White and Blue peanut M&Ms jumped into my cart!  🙄

Anywho, the 38 oz. bag has ~38, 1 oz. servings, ~12 pieces per serving.  The cost of the bag was $11.99, so that works out to .0262938596 cents per M&M.  Just so you know!  LOL!

960543101.jpeg

@LdyBugz : Thank you for not listing the calorie information.🤷‍♀️😳😄😄😄

LOL!!  As I previously stated, I'm here to help, anyway I can!  

Honored Contributor

They are well worth the money. They're my favorite candy. And by the way, the math actually works out to .02629 dollars per M&M or two-plus cents each. There would be 456 M&Ms at $11.99 so that would be in dollars instead of cents when divided out. Still a bargain.

Claire Saffitz, formerly of Bon Appetit's test kitchen tried making DIY Peanut M&Ms and she'd tell you that they're a bargain at two-plus cents each. She took days trying to make just a handful of them and had less than stellar results.

Here's a link to that video if the powers-that-be let it stay. They're kind of iffy on links these days.

Watch Pastry Chef Attempts to Make Gourmet M&M's | Gourmet Makes | Bon Appétit (bonappetit.com)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!