Regular Contributor
I always loved Bisquick but it's not the same. All of them taste sweet. Can anyone recommend one without sweet taste. TIA
Honored Contributor

interesting..... from what i have seen, i dont see any sugar in the list of ingredients.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Mom in NY wrote:
I always loved Bisquick but it's not the same. All of them taste sweet. Can anyone recommend one without sweet taste. TIA

Bisquick pancakes doesn't come across sweet to me.  But I do use something else instead now.  Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk complete pancake mix-just add water.   

Super Contributor

I also use Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk and sometimes just use the Krogrer brand

Honored Contributor

@89135 wrote:

I also use Krusteaz Light & Fluffy Buttermilk and sometimes just use the Krogrer brand

I use this too; but rather than adding water, I add buttermilk.  (And vanilla.)

Honored Contributor

On a whim--I bought Krustez blueberry pancake mix---I know, fake tiny blueberries---but I add sparkling water instead of reg tap water--had blackberry flavored water this last time and boy did they turn out  yummy

Honored Contributor

I never use a mix.

Esteemed Contributor

I use the recipes on the King Arthur Baking site. The yeast Belgian waffles are so good, as is the buttermilk pancake recipe.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Tastebuds can change over the years.

Respected Contributor

If you have a wegmans nearby, I use their brand pancake mix or their buttermilk all purpose mix.  Bisquick tastes salty to me and Wegs is cheaper!