PROBLEM WITH 3 ORDERS

[ Edited ]

I have had shipping problems with meats for 3 orders. When I received 2 different orders of chicken fried chicken the meat was completely thawed out. Mushy and not even cool to the touch. Out they went. You all credited back my account.

I received my order of 3 lbs. of baby back ribs last week. The ribs were completely were thawed out and not even cool to the touch. There wasn't even a bag in the box to hold the dry ice. Out they went and you credited my account. 

I love your meats and I always order my meats thru you all.

All three orders come to me by UPS. There seems to be in the WEST COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA UPS TERMINAL. All three of these orders have been in this terminal. It seems that this is one of the problems. The items are kept there one to three extra days there and in this hot weather everything thaws out. 

I don't know if this will be lloked into or not. I will not order meats until I think it will be okay too.

Thank you  (BENJISMOM)

Esteemed Contributor

I had an order of fish with no plastic bag to hold dry ice too.  I will not place any more orders.  You might want to check out OMAHA - they ship in refrigerated trucks to destination point (your town) and then transfer to local trucking.  And....plenty of dry ice in insulated container.

OR at least wait until winter to order more.

Respected Contributor

This is really a shame.  We have people in mile long lines here in TX waiting for food donations, during this difficult time.  Yet food orders are all too often winding up in the trash. I've always been SO against food waste, but more than ever, now. 

I think the Q needs to review this issue and weigh the losses and inconvenience, for themselves and the shopper.  It's unseasonably hot this summer, so it makes no sense to send perishables, with current delivery delays.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've read several posts lately regarding issues with food delivery. Although I do not blame The Q for shipping woes beyond their control, I have decided not to purchase food items anytime soon. I The Junior's mini cheesecakes looked tempting the other day, but I will wait until at least fall before trying them.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

A place up in Indiana won't send out their fancy chocolates,  period.

I would never order nothing to eat thru the mail in the summer time for sure

I don't have that level of trust in anybody if I can't make it myself or purchase it local , put in my cooler I don't need it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: PROBLEM WITH 3 ORDERS

[ Edited ]

I have discovered a very dangerous site called goldbelly dot com and they send all kinds of food everywhere. Not cheap, but I have been getting good bagels from them. They ship from NY late one afternoon and I have them in Arizona the next morning. They sell sweets, meat, anything you can think of. There are usually coupons online if you spend more than $50.