Valued Contributor

I think I remeber it as being on HSN...

monke~

Honored Contributor

@Monketoes wrote:

I think I remeber it as being on HSN...

monke~

Yes @Monketoes there is one on HSN and it has good reviews.  I never would have thought of having one that small but if you are cooking for one or two and don't anticipate cooking for more it's a nice little appliance . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

thank you so much

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info , I will keep my eyes open for a sale!Enjoy your soup and beef!

cathy from ma

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear, as others have said HSN is offering the two quart.  It is item # 492-319.

I have only had it for a few days and have not been doing very much cooking but I have used it for a small pot roast with potatoes and carrots and one chicken dish.

Essentially I will use it for anything for which I would use one of the larger units, just smaller quantities.

So far I am very happy with it and being small it doesn't take as long to come to pressure as the larger units do.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

have to check out

Respected Contributor

Crusinart is what I am making a chuck roast and vegetables in right now.  The meat just falls apart and is so tender. I own this, my daughter owns this, my sister and her two girls own this. We had a few before this we returned them back to a shopping channel as they were cheaply made. None of us ever regretted getting this one. It is easy to use and cooks everything perfectly. We all bought both of Bob Warden's Pressure Cooking books and we are all set. I have had mine about 5 years and never had a problem.  We got ours at Lowes and it had a three year warranty with it.

Valued Contributor

Love my pressure cooking but can not recommend the Qs Cooks Essentials.  It has a cheap and sometimes faulty pressure/steam control knob on top.  A better design can be found on Fa-gor pressure cookers which I have now.

Super Contributor

Yes, you need one and Instant Pot is the one to purchase. 

As for what you might cook, check these pressure cooking websites:

hippressurecooking.com and pressurecookingtoday.com

See if you don't find many recipes you'd like to cook.