Respected Contributor

My new Viking Range comes tomorrow!

I am so looking forward to my new 30" Viking range tomorrow! I have always wanted one. Now that I live alone, I'm hoping my incentive to cook and bake again comes back big time. 

I chose not to have the sealed burners, I have open burners with 23000 BTU burner. There is a slide out stainless tray under the burners for easy cleaning of any spills.

Viking was taken over in 2013 and all the appliances were reengineered and hopefully trouble free .

If you have one, care to share how you like yours? And any advice? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My new Viking Range comes tomorrow!

I don't have one, but happy cooking & baking to you.

Respected Contributor

@twinny70

Thank you, that was very kind of you. I've retired, was taking care of my mom for 8 years ( passed in August ) and I just ALWAYS wanted one. I've sacrificed enough 😊

Honored Contributor

I'm not lucky enough to have one, but they always look so cool. Enjoy getting into cooking again , I'll bet you bake up a storm.🍰

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I am so looking forward to my new 30" Viking range tomorrow! I have always wanted one. Now that I live alone, I'm hoping my incentive to cook and bake again comes back big time. 

I chose not to have the sealed burners, I have open burners with 23000 BTU burner. There is a slide out stainless tray under the burners for easy cleaning of any spills.

Viking was taken over in 2013 and all the appliances were reengineered and hopefully trouble free .

If you have one, care to share how you like yours? And any advice? 

@Mustang Shar I don't know if I am more jealous of your new stove or more happy that you will be enjoying this soon . . . please enjoy and I so hope you return to your love of cooking and baking as you more than deserve it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@twinny70

Thank you, that was very kind of you. I've retired, was taking care of my mom for 8 years ( passed in August ) and I just ALWAYS wanted one. I've sacrificed enough 😊

Sorry to hear about your mom's passing.  My mom passed away in March & DH & I were her main caretakers.  She was at a nice assisted living home the last 4 months.  Stress was awful, but there is light at the end of my tunnel.  Traveling has been our best friend.  Enjoy your retirement.

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!!  I am jealous!

Valued Contributor

@Mustang Shar, well color me green!  That and a sub-zero refrigerator are tops on my "never will happen" dream list.  Enjoy it and get back into the cooking/baking groove!

Esteemed Contributor

Enjoy your new Viking and enjoy your time cooking and baking.  When I retired, I started taking cooking and baking classes around the country and then joined a local cookbook and supper club.  Best things that I have done for myself.  I hope you have the same enjoyment as you and your Viking start the next chapter of your life.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I don't have a Viking, but I have a Wolf; a 48" dual fuel.  Love it!