Valued Contributor

PRESSURE COOKER RECOMMENDATION NEEDED

I had an 8 qt. CE Technique oval pressure cooker for many years from QVC.  The non-stick is not looking good and I think it's time to replace.  I can't find an oval one anywhere.  I saw the Nuwave 8 qt. today on Mary's show and am thinking about it as the price is good.

But I am torn whether to go with the Nuwave or the Instant Pot 8 qt. I have seen elsewhere.  What do you suggest and why?  TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: PRESSURE COOKER RECOMMENDATION NEEDED

@WORKING GAL  My DIL has had both the non-stick (Cooks Essentials, I think) and the Instant Pot, and she LOVES the Instant Pot. The insert is stainless steel, that is the way to go. I have only ever had an Instant pot, and it works very well and is easy to clean. The SS insert is flawless.

Super Contributor

I own a 6 qt Instant Pot pressure cooker which I love for easy of use.   You mention that your current pressure cooker is oval.   So you might not be happy with the Instant Pot because it is not an oval pressure cooker.   Hope you are able to find an oval pressure cooker.

Trusted Contributor

I have and love both the instant pot and the ninja foodi. When one is busy, I sometimes use the other one.

Honored Contributor

Why spend 100 on a just plain pressure cooker when you buy the Ninja Foodi you get the pressure cooker, oven, air crisper, dehydrator, steam bunch of other options that I can't remember.

DSCN0809.JPG

Honored Contributor

I have been very happy with the 3 and 6 quart Instant Pots I have.  We use them all the time.  I'm sure the 8 quart would work as well.  

My husband said today he would hate to be without them. We have had Presto, ******or, Cuisinart and other pressure cookers for a very long time--both electric and stovetop.  Non have worked as easily, well and reliably as the Instant Pots!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have several pressure cookers...manual and electic...the manual are presto, mirro, and megefesa...the electric are two sizes of instant pots (3 and 6 quart).  For the manual I especially like the megefesa.  I totally love my IP's as I don't have to babysit them...I don't leave home with them running btw.  The IP insert is like the megefesa is stainless steel and I think you can't beat that!  Hope that helps!

Valued Contributor

I bought an 8 qt Nu Wave last week on sale.  I used it for the first time today making baby back ribs.  15 minutes to pressure 20 minutes cooking, they came out great.  It was easy to use, no problems for my first time with it.  Love the stainless pot, it is heavy duty.  My only other experience was the 2 qt CE, I like it for small amounts and for my veggies.  Do not like the non stick.  Haven't used that much and the non stick it is coming off.

Respected Contributor

NESCO!  6 qt has a wonderful non stick surface.  Great product.

Honored Contributor

K48194