Esteemed Contributor

Re: POTSTICKER FRUSTRATION - ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?

@Allegheny wrote:

@eddyandme Are they all frozen together when they arrive before you put them in your freezer?

If so, I would somehow find a way to contact the vendor.  They need to correct this.  I agree, I hate when I get frozen product in that condition.

Yeah, I got two large bags and had to pound them down to get them onto one shelf in the freezer.

I'm with you, I hate it when frozen items come that way.  I just think for the price and the quantity this vendor sells, more attention should be given to packaging - other than just dumping the quantity in a bag!

Respected Contributor

I've never purchased the potstickers here but I get mine at Costco and they are delicious and much cheaper. There are always a few stuck together but mostly they are loose in the bag. If yours are stuck in a mass it's because they have thawed and refrozen. I would not pay for that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My advice.  Go to costco or grocery store, purchase Lings pot stickers.  I like the chicken/veggie. But they have 3 different kinds

10-12 inch non stick skillet.  Heat on close to high.  Add 1 T oil. Heat to hot.  I usually take pan off heat to organize the potstickers in the hot oil.I start with outside and make a cirle, then another circle, working my way to inside ...I put 18 potstickers in for my husband and myself for dinner.  I return pan to high heat, heat skillet up a bit.  Add 2/3 cup water.  Pan should be hot enough to cause water to sizzle and bubble.  Place lid on.  Lower heat  to about 7 or 8.  Hard simmer  for 8 mins. Remove lid let remaining water simmer out and potstckers stick.  About 2 mins.   Done

Honored Contributor

To get the best pot stickers you should start from a frozen state.  Unless you have made them from scratch, and that is a totally different process.  If they arent cooked right skins can get gummy or toughen up.  

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme 

I would call customer service, explain the circumstances, ask if they would consider giving you a refund as product is not arriving in an acceptable condition.

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I always get my potstickers from the Q.  I love the veggie and edemame!  

But, the packaging is ridiculous!  They're tossed into a bag and frozen.  When I try to take a few out it's impossible because they are frozen together - solid!  Then I have to keep nuking a bunch of them until I can pull them apart, which oftentimes results with lots of breakage.

Does anyone else have this problem?  If so, how have you resolved it?

I'm totally fed up at this point and am considering buying my potstickers elsewhere.  Any recommendations for similar tasting potstickers and where they're sold?  (No Costco nearby and don't belong to BJ's)

Thanx!

Hit the bag on the edge of your sideboard, they break apart. I love them and I airfry, then dip in sweet chili sauce. PS I buy the mini's.

Trusted Contributor

I buy potstickers from Trader Joe's. I like the Thai shrimp ones. They're never all stuck together and fry up great in a pan. 

The bulgogi mandu (Korean potstickers) at Costco are also good. 

Trusted Contributor

i buy them at costco and they are great.  i like the taste and the are not ascostly as the ones on qvc plusno s/hcharges.

Honored Contributor

i buy the qvc ones and the ones from schwans home delivery.

i dont have any issue of them being all stuck together or it being difficult to pull what you need out of the bags.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

I end up just making the whole bag lol