I got the lid off by pushing it back from the front end

then I assembled the yellow dicer. I was just using the dicer blade

you have to fit the dicer insert over the blade and fit it back in the machine

Working great now ! I'm keeping it !

Honored Contributor
  • Whew!  A crisis averted.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yea!!! 😀😀😀😀. Are u doing a “Happy Dance”??? I had the dicer blade in the insert and wondering what else could be wrong. I will try more tomorrow and probably keep it. Been a long frustrating day. I need to finish cleaning the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of the week end. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, when you take the lid off there's a knack not from the front, but, stand to the front end where the spout is and push back that way.

Girl, I diced potatoes, hubby was watching, thin and thick sliced potatoes,

diced onions and pickles. Peppers didn't do very good didn't think they would and to expensive to waste. do them by hand, but, everything else

done well. 

They say don't put meats in there , but, wonder if you put chicken and turkey in it already cooked for chicken salad. I got food processor for that anyway, but, wondering what all I could run thru there. Haven't tried carrots yet.

He mentioned be good for potato soup (yuck) slice potatoes for potato chips, hash browns and Au gratin (yuck) more uniform and neat cuts for salads, etc.

Glad I'm not sending it back would have lost money on it. Once I get proficient at it will be a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

Yea!!! 😀😀😀😀. Are u doing a “Happy Dance”??? I had the dicer blade in the insert and wondering what else could be wrong. I will try more tomorrow and probably keep it. Been a long frustrating day. I need to finish cleaning the kitchen. Enjoy the rest of the week end. Southern Bee 

line up the ridges on the side of the insert to match the track on the unit.

the insert should cover the dicer blade. I learned that by studying the picture in the guide.

Honored Contributor

Like one on HSN- wish I had the large dice blade, but will do. Play with mine tomorrow. Wish could do meats and then have one appliance for multifunctional. Might work if chicken is really cold. I regret not having a block of cheese to shred. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

Re: @Southern Bee

[ Edited ]

Yeah, think I'll buy one tomorrow. I'm throwing a fortune in the trash can

on my experiments 

ROFL

I'm better off just having the small dicer because he will gripe if anything is in big chunks. Wouldn't that be great for dicing apples ? I'm coming up with all kinds of stuff now.

slice apples in half and scape seeds out and use on whatever. He likes to order apples when we eat out as dessert.

Honored Contributor

I  make a fruit salad with diced apples and will be a lot easier.  I use diced apples, pineapple tidbits, cherries , marshmallows, sour cream and chopped pecans. DH loves it because it is more  like a dessert. I had to throw out one onion, tomato and pepper but better to make this work instead of sending the madolin back. I hope the slicer, shredder and julienne are easier to use. DH suggested putting the bell peppers in the freezer for a few minutes- not to freeze them, but good and cold - might give better results dicing them- something else to try. 

Honored Contributor

I've never had any luck with cutting peppers, too slick. Just cutting by hand.

That fruit salad sounds good except skip the sour cream. Gag ! we hate that stuff.

After while I"ll mess with the blade that makes cole slaw . Got it sitting out on my counter ledge with the rest of my red stuff. I'll hang on to my packing label just to make sure nothing goes wrong then I'll pitch it.

Honored Contributor

A friend ask me if I have made the fruit salad with cool whip and I need to try it next time. I forgot to purchase cabbage and we like coleslaw. I have lettuce and considering to see how it shreds to make a salad. I have carrots, onions and squash and will try to slice them. DH just ask if I had decided to keep the mandolin? Told him that the kitchen scientist was getting ready to work in the kitchen lab and the results will determine the answer.DH Praying for a good dinner.