Honored Contributor

Yay ! it finally shipped ! Yahoo !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Yay ! it finally shipped ! Yahoo !

Oh @SharkE bear with me but is this the smokeless one that is on the infomercial now?  I love the guy that demonstrates it, he used to have a great cooking show back in the day.  Highly entertaining and talented chef!

Can you tell from the tracking when it is due to be delivered?

Honored Contributor

Wed by UPS which we're lucky if he gets here by 6:30 to 8:00

Yeah, it's the infrared light,  smokeless indoor grill. Got it thru HSN when they dropped that inflated price of 279 to 219 and free shp and no tax or at least in my State of Tx. I pay no tax.

Q has it for 279, and have to pay the tax, as well as Best Buy, also. My local Best Buy has it for 279 seems to be the going rate, but, I 'd have to pay Tx. sales tax.

Bed and Bath you could take off 20%, but, I think tax would have to be included.  I got the best deal as far as I know. It was in packaging for 5 days, but, when they got on the ball and shipped Mon. I got email from UPS saying "You have a pkg. coming Wed."  so, I was so happy I had to post.

Honored Contributor

Re: PHilips grill

[ Edited ]

My sister saw that infomercial , also, and hollered to me "You could had gotten it for 59.00". I told her "Look at the small print disclosure at the bottom of the screen it will show how many payments of 59 you will owe later"

Be an alert consumer and don't get tricked.

Philips website says 219, too, right now, I think, and maybe a code to use, BUT, then, you got that **** tax included. I read the small print and it said they collect it from everywhere. Why I hope HSN stays the way they are.

I'm afraid if Q gets in there they will institgate their own policies.

@momtochloe

Honored Contributor

1 more comment. HSN had posted "Sold Out" then I went back one more time and it was back in again. Guess somebody didn't want to spend the 200 some odd dollars. I quit checking them and Philips since I got one coming.

Gift, I paid for to myself as a Santy present. LOL

Respected Contributor

Congratulations and good job getting the lower price.  I've only used mine for steaks and burgers but I look forward to seeing how well it will do with other meats and vegetables.  You'll have fun with it because it sears so well and the clean up is easy. 

I made chicken wings in the air fryer and had a complaint that the meat was rubbery so next time they'll get cooked on this grill and I've every reason to think they'll turn out perfect.

Honored Contributor

yeah, I've been concerned with the clean up aspect of it cleaning those panels, but, everythig I read says "no problem", so, I hope so.

I got a NuWave air fryer this yr. too, so, I got the best of both worlds. LOL

Steaks, burgers and wings and chicken will be my prime choices.

Husband eats more meat then I do, but, I think it will be fun to see how it does. I got a Wolfgang big grill it's hard to clean when you hit stuff with BBQ sauce.

Suppose to arrive tonight by UPS

Honored Contributor

It's here and my tip for all of us is to stand sideways of the unit , so, you don't look downward into the bright light. You stand to the side and it doesn't bother your eyes and you can see a lot better how things are grilling.

Respected Contributor

I thought I'd report on tonight's chicken wings.  I first dried them then brushed with a little oil, then seasoned with Penzey's "Ruth Ann's Muskego Chick and Fish" seasoning blend.  Perfect.  Very moist and tender.  I turned the heat down for a few minutes just to ensure they cooked through without over browning.

The vote here at my home is wings cooked on this grill outshine wings cooked in the air fryer.  Time spent is about the same, cleanup effort is also about the same. 

That said, I'd cooked wings in the airfryer only once so a more fair comparison would compare multiple batches on both, maybe with different marinades or seasonings, times and temps.

Honored Contributor

I didn't want to wear sunglasses in the house LOL, so, I stood on the side of the unit and made world of difference.

I brush my wings with olive oil and cook in air fryer for like 7 minutes , then, flip, cook another 7 minutes, then, baste with BBQ sauce and cook 2 minutes

We like 'em that way. Just have clean up of the bucket, no greasy skillet with grease popping over the stove and browned bits hard to scrub out of the skillet. I had some grease pop on my hand from a skillet of wings and that HURT like U know what.