Trusted Contributor

I saw an infomercial yesterday for the Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill.  Price was $59.99 for a 30 day trial.  I wondered if there was an additional charge for it after the 30 days.  The interesting part was they were including a $200.00 coupon for Rastelli Meat!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I wondered if there was an additional charge for it after the 30 days.  The interesting part was they were including a $200.00 coupon for Rastelli Meat!

Taxes & S&H will quad triple, your CC will get charged for "payments" that you did not authorize, so that $60 FREE trial will turn into a $300 elephant. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

HSN is selling it.  220$ and 4 easy pays. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would never buy anything from an infomercial. I don't trust their guarantees. If there's a problem, you could never reach anyone. Best to buy from QVC or a reputable store.

Honored Contributor

Re: PHILIPS INFOMERCIAL

[ Edited ]

NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT INFORMERCIAL YOU'LL WISH YOU NEVER WENT DOWN THAT ROAD.

That 60 is probably just the down payment after they have your credit card # they will hit it another 4-5 times for the same amount.

If you want the unit, buy, it from Philips direct at their website or HSN

there's is the lowest price and easy pay. I just paid mine off this month.

219 is the cheapest, at this time, you will find the Philips grill unless you get a 'referburshed' one.

Regular retail at Best Buy is 279 and at Amazon too. I've even saw it for 379!

I got free shp from hsn and I don't pay tax from hsn here in Tx so I got it for a flat 219.

at the bottom of the informercial is tiny print the only disclosure they give you.

if they give a website to go to, go there, and take your time and read EVERYTHING on the page !

@WORKING GAL

$219.95
or 4 FlexPay of $54.99
FREE SHIPPING

HSN.com

Honored Contributor

Re: PHILIPS INFOMERCIAL

[ Edited ]

just read that tv informercial  ad online it says "free shp. first payment of 60 for trial period of 30 days then 3 more payments of 60"

so, now, it's 240 probably plus tax.

Few other places have it for 219 , other then HSN, but, if they put in tax that will be extra.

Weigh the item cost, shp which can be costly and tax on item.

Why I chose HSN , no TAX which in Tx saved me 18.07, FREE shp unit is kind of heavy since it's  good quality seems like it's at least 15 I'd have to check HSN again to see what they would ordinarily charge for shp.

Plus, now it's 4 easy pays. I only got 3 back at Xmas.

@WORKING GAL

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I saw an infomercial yesterday for the Philips Smokeless Indoor Grill.  Price was $59.99 for a 30 day trial.  I wondered if there was an additional charge for it after the 30 days.  The interesting part was they were including a $200.00 coupon for Rastelli Meat!

@WORKING GAL

OFFER DETAILS: Order your Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill risk-free for 30 days for $59.99 + FREE shipping. Additional shipping for Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and Canada: $19.99. With your order you will receive free shipping, $200 in coupons to the Rastelli Market, an exclusive Philips recipe book, and a $50 coupon valid for any household product at the Philips US online store, with the exception of accessories, for any purchase of $100 minimum. If you are not 100% satisfied with your Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill, just return it within 30 days for a FULL REFUND of your $59.99 trial purchase. If you choose to keep your Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill, you will make 3 additional monthly payments of $59.99. This offer is covered by a 30-Day money back guarantee!

Respected Contributor

Check some other retailers like Kohls, or Bed Bath & Beyond.  At least you have coupons you can use.  These are very expensive, but we have friends that love theirs.