Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Sooner @SaveTheTurtles @Iwantcoffee @cheriere @loriqvc 

Thank you ladies.  The issue is it takes all of the setting to create the beautiful picture.  Most people serve salad with a meal in place of a course because of no wait staff!

I always evaluate dishes unstacked since I am using the smaller plate for dessert unless the plate is very wet like spaghetti.

@ECBG We very seldom use our plates any more.  We eat mostly out of flat soup plates, shallow bowls, platters and oversized jumbo cups (we have the Spode Blue Room ones).

When we have company, we always use a salad plate and serve that as the first course.  And dessert is often in a shallow bowl, or small bowl rather than on a plate.  We have lots of the bread plate sized dishes to use for appetizers and for bread.  

We have buffet or service plates that are great for bbq and hamburger cookouts because there is enough room for the burgers, slaw or salad and baked beans or whatever.  Also used when we do a buffet style meal because they are easy to carry and not spill.

Super Contributor
That is just lovely!! Thank you for sharing.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG ,  oh, boy, those plates are beautiful, and perfect in that stylish wicker setting.  I love how the scallop in the salad plate is echoed by the scallop on the place mats and linens.

Aerin Lauder has lovely taste-- whenever I see anything she's had a hand in, it takes my eye.