Honored Contributor

Shows me I have too many sets.    I'm happy with them more organized though.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Organized My Lock n Lock

@Daysdee 

I know just how you feel😉

I shipped a box full (all still in original wrapping) to my son and to my cousin....worse thing, I still have a full container & drawer of them🙈🤷‍♀️

Gotta have reserves right!  LNL is my addiction😳😳😳

Esteemed Contributor

my daughter just told me when her husband goes to ireland in oct.....she's gonna organize her stash of lock&lock....and only keep the pieces she uses....she doesn't want him to see how many pieces she has!!  guess i'm to blame....cause i'm the one who buys it for her!

Regular Contributor

I'm in shock with the number of pieces I have!!  Since our community garage sale was at the beginning of the month my overage will be going to Goodwill this week. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also love LocknLock --- which is a healthy addiction. I've saved so much money storing my rice, pastas, cookes, cereals, snacks in L&Ls in my pantry.

In the freezer in my garage, I store several types of breads/rolls in 3 tall, wide L&Ls.

Keeps everything FRESH and BUG-FREE.

One time, I had cookies in a L&L in my pantry and 6 months later, they were fresh.

I also love how organized my pantry looks and I know what's in each container.

I have an over-supply, but I'm keeping all of them!!!!

Respected Contributor

I used them for just about everything...when my little Gismo was living they contained his treats and food. I also used them for flour, sugar, beans, and cereal storage. Then there are the sets that I utilize in the freezer for storing certain food items. 

At one time I really thought that I had a Lock & Lock addiction because I had so many. However, when I do a count of my bowls and containers I find the numbers are decreasing. No worries as I several backup boxes in the garage just in case.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 

Funny you should say "you buy them" -- when my son said "sure I'd like them" the mom in me kicked in!!! 

I sent them 2 sets of copper Big Deal.  They got them today...text from them:

Them: Thank you so much!

Me: Glad to send you what you could use!

Them: Don't go "crazy" sending us more....lol

So I can relate because I kinda do this too!!!

😉😃

Respected Contributor

I have a LOT of Lock & Lock!  I love them and they're super useful.  However, I bought many in the beginning when they weren't the "nesting" type.  Since buying the nesting ones, I'd like to give some of the other ones away but don't know who to give them to.  I guess Goodwill is an option, huh?  DIL only stores food in glass and daughter is in NC.  I think I'll email her and see if she'd like them. 

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I can organize them.  I cannot keep them organized.  6 months max.

Frequent Contributor

I really try to keep organized.  When storing my L&L, if items are nestable with the lids and/or to keep the lids with the item, I s.tore the lids in zip lock baggies, this way all the lids to that particular item are together and not floating around in the cabinets.

Actually, I do this with all my storage containers, not just the L&L