Honored Contributor

Re: Okay. I said I wouldn't, but I did.

One word of caution to those of you who are new to L&L - if possible, don't put the lids in the dishwasher.  I try to wash the whole thing by hand, but that's not always possible.

~ house cat ~
Super Contributor

Thanks for the tip, House Cat!

Honored Contributor

@Colonel Meow wrote:

Just ordered the Tangerine, and I'm excited to receive this set! I've never purchased any L&L, but decided to take the plunge today because I'm tired of wasting money on the throwaways that quickly get damaged. 

I laughed while watching the product video with Leah on .com because she brought out that messy box of all the throwaways with missing and mismatched lids, nothing stackable. That's what my kitchen looks like right now, I'm sad to say, lol!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised and so happy with this set. It just seems to go on and on. I got the tangerine as well, and the color is so happy. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

The only thing that is keeping me from buying this LNL set is the fact I will be on vacation and don't want to worry about the delivery.  Otherwise, I'd cave.

If I were to buy it, I would replace my LNL that doesn't nest, but I don't trust myself to actually do that, LOL!  I most likely would start using the older sets in the linen closet and master bathroom for non-food items.  

Trusted Contributor

Why not put the Lids in the Dishwasher? I do.

Respected Contributor

I'm also like house_cat.  I always hand wash all of my Lock & Lock.   I have on occasion put just the storage part of a container in my dishwasher and there didn't seem to be any harm to it.  

I guess I just feel since it takes so little time to hand wash a container, I would rather not take the chance on it warping or discoloring from the heat.   

I know this has nothing to do with Lock & Lock but I did buy the Fiesta Ware glasses with the colored bands on them and I've noticed the dishwasher is slowly taking the color off of them.   

I love a dishwasher but I do realize that they can be a little hard on your dishes.  

Honored Contributor

I've had problems with the dishwasher wearing out the silicone seal. I know to use the top rack, but the dishwasher seems to be brutal on my plasticware. Perhaps this is because we have such hard water where I live. In any case, it's so easy to wash them by hand, so I just do that. I don't put my hard anodized cookware into the dishwasher either, or my Le Creuset, or anything that I want to keep in pristine condition.
~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hand wash mine also.

Respected Contributor

My dishwasher leaves them whit-ish...almost pitted..even on top rack, and it's a Bosch so doesn't even have a heated dry cycle..anyone else get this result?

I too have very hard Southern California water..
Honored Contributor

My old dishwasher used to do that. I ruined some good quality plastic glasses in it.  I switched to Finish Gel Pods and that solved the problem.

~ house cat ~