Honored Contributor

Other than blueberries, what berries do you like and how do you like to eat them?

[ Edited ]

I had fresh raspberries for breakfast this morning with milk.  (DH can't stand them!).  We also like fruit pies and (although I usually won't "spend" the calories!).

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Other than blueberries, what berries do you like and how do you like to eat them?

The only berries I really like are blueberries.  Not a fan of raspberries, blackberries, or even strawberries.  Well, to be honest, I DO like chocolate covered strawberries!

Honored Contributor

Re: Other than blueberries, what berries do you like and how do you like to eat them?

OMG... strawberries, room temperature and fresh....  Just the tops cut off and some in a bowl.  Like eating candy... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I don't care for blueberries at all....I do like strawberries...I cut their tops off...rinse them...and eat them just like that...no fuss..nothing on them...

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think i could almost live on raspberries!!!  I love them!!!  They've always been my favorite.  In fact, right now, you'd probably find 4 or 5 zip lock bags of the fresh ones in my freezer.  I stock up whenever they're available at a reasonable price.  Second to that would be blueberries.  I have both in my cereal every morning.

Respected Contributor

I love all berries. I usually put them in oatmeal for breakfast then just eat them as snacks. I will do strawberry shortcake, and once in awhile a cobbler. Yum.
Honored Contributor

I like raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and cranberries. I usually just rinse berries and eat them by the handful. Strawberries make a great addition to a salad. I love spinach, strawberries, avocado, and feta cheese with some balsamic vinaigrette sprinkled over the top. Dried cranberries make almost any romaine salad a little better, especially with some feta cheese and candied pecans or walnuts in addition to the cranberries.

They all work well in smoothies, but with raspberries and blackberries, there will be seeds. I usually buy frozen berries for smoothies and fresh berries for eating straight up or mixing into salads.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We eat berries more than any other fruit - blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries.

We eat them plain, over steel cut oatmeal, in smoothies, mixed into yogurt, or with vanilla ice cream once in awhile.  DH made us a dish one night and nicknamed it a "patriot" - red & blue colored berries with white ice cream.

I also have an infusion pitcher and will put berries in the infuser to flavor the water.  I cut the blueberries and strawberries in half, to get the juice to leach better

Honored Contributor

For some reason blueberries are my least favorite.  Not sure why, as they are good.  I might be likely to just eat them as is, but not in any kind of thing - like a muffin or pie or whatever.

I love love love strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries.  If they are sweet I'll just eat them as is.

I like to macerate strawberries, refrigerate, then eat them over some vanilla bean ice cream for a dessert.  Otherwise, I just eat them alone.    But I do love them over vanilla bean ice cream!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like all berries.  I love strawberries in a strawberry-rhubarb pie, with my homemade recipe for Amish shortcake, or dipped in chocolate.  They're delicious in an ice cream sundae made with strawberries, chocolate syrup, marshmallow, peanuts and whipped cream.  Yummy! 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~