Honored Contributor

Oh no bought some FiestaWare today --

I donated my "old" pieces from Temptations and some of my other mixed matched pieces. Some of my Temptations pieces from many many years ago were w/o handles and hard to handle.

These pieces I never had any problems with but today went to Macy's and bought several open stock pieces of Fiesta. Just absolutely beautiful - even bought 2 kitty dishes!

They will blend beautifully with my Temptations I use to serve food only. Next sale I'm going to order the mixing bowls (I think they are beautiful and practical).

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I just read in this month's Good Housekeeping to be careful of stoneware made in China (and other countries) as it still has a good chance of having lead paint and inferior baking quality!

Another reason to only serve in them!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Oh no bought some FiestaWare today --

Tara has NEVER addressed the Lead based paints in Tempations.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

homedecor1, glad to hear that you bought some Fiestaware.  If you don't mind me asking, what did you get and what colors?  Can't beat made in the USA.  Our other thread, Still Buying Fiestaware..., has a lot of very knowledgeable and friendly people and we would enjoy hearing from you.  I have only been buying Fiesta for about a year and a half, so I don't have nearly the amount of Fiesta nor the knowledge of Fiesta that some of the others have.  My most used pieces are the gusto bowls and the individual casseroles.  I also have the 3 bowl set and the 2 bowl set in sunflower and use the smaller three a lot.  The big bowl is very heavy, but I do use it when I make bread.

We share with each other sites that are having sales and/or free shipping, so please come on over and join us.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Congratulations, homedecor1.  I second the motion for you to come over and join our Fiesta thread.  We are full of enablers...

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Homedecor1--Glad to hear that you bought some Fiesta.  I love all of the colors and the different pieces that can be bought.  There is something for everyone.  Please consider joining us at the other Fiesta thread.  We would love to have you join us.Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1

Go to the Fiesta thread (you know the one) LOL!  I swear someone there will be able to get your mixing bowls for you wholesale,...or close to it.  Fiesta is so simple, yet when you own it and use it there is something about the weight, deep colors and the wearability.  I must have a thousand pieces, and no chips, even the vintage.  Oh, my cat dusted off one 60 year old rare butter dish, but other than that...I have good luck.  You can cook in all of it.  I think all pieces can go up to 500 degrees.  I might be wrong, but I am winging the memory, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

Love, love my Fiesta!

I've taken 2 road trips down to their factory in Newell, WVa. Fascinating to see a piece of American manufacturing history.

For those who are concerned about lead in dinnerware, there is an inexpensive test kit you can get to test it at home on your own. Some here have talked about vintage dinnerware passed down to them. If you're concerened then a test kit is a cheap way to give you peace of mind.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, homedecor1!

How exciting to hear you bought some Fiesta!

I think the kitty bowls are adorable.

Isn't it great to be able to buy openstock. Fiesta has so many different pieces and it is so much fun to collect.

Come join us on the Fiesta thread!

Snowpuppy,
Oh, you have been to the factory, lucky you! That would be quite the experience. Would love to have you post over on the Fiesta thread too!