Honored Contributor

Has anyone had a problem with this former TSV? Last week I used it, it finished, dinged but kept running. I pressed all the proper buttons but could not shut it off. I finally had to unplug it.

This past week-end I used it; everything went fine. It finished, dinged and shut off. I keep a strange schedule and did not return to the kitchen until about 1PM the next day. When I entered the kitchen the oven was running and was very hot. All the stuff that had been in the bottom tray was cremated.

This really alarms me because my parents almost had their house burned down when an electric can opener started running by itself and ran until the motor burned out. It ignited the underside of a cabinet. Everything in the house was coated with a greasy black soot. Their insurance had one of those disaster clean-up teams come in and spend several weeks cleaning everything.

If you have one of these ovens, keep an eye on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I was going to buy one until I heard about the dome cracking, and NO customer service.

Esteemed Contributor
Just my opinion but, if I would never leave anything running in the house if I am not going to be in the house .... I unplug the toaster, coffee pot etc., when I go out ... better safe than sorry. I do not own a NuWave oven but, if I did I would only use it if I was home.
Honored Contributor
Of course I didn't turn the oven on and leave. It was plugged in and came on all by itself while I was in bed asleep.
Trusted Contributor

I have read too many bad things about these ovens. I would never buy one.

Respected Contributor

I have the Fagor Halogen and bought it because I had heard not so good things about the NuWave and their plastic oven..Halogen is glass, easy to clean, works great and is really fast- I LOVE it and it was CHEAP!

If it held a 9x13" pan, I would retire my REAL oven!

Esteemed Contributor

Kachina,

Wish this would have happened earlier. I sent back three because of paint coming off and the bottom of the pan flaking but ordered another one last week because I did not like the Breville toaster oven everyone raved about.

I do love how the Nuwave cooks but the do have poor CS. That is scary it came on by itself. Call QVC and let them know they did sell it to you. So much for quality control

What color was yours??

Now thinking I made a big mistake getting another.

Honored Contributor
Hopi, Mine is white. I got it because I don't like the "bowl" style which all the rest of those ovens seem to have. It's sometimes hard to get stuff out without burning yourself. I also like that it's digital. I think my Sharper Image cooked faster and better.
Respected Contributor
On 3/25/2015 January121 said: Just my opinion but, if I would never leave anything running in the house if I am not going to be in the house .... I unplug the toaster, coffee pot etc., when I go out ... better safe than sorry. I do not own a NuWave oven but, if I did I would only use it if I was home.
Do you turn off the water main too?? A burst pipe could cause tens of thousands in damage in a matter of minutes. In my opinion unplugging appliances like toasters every time you leave the home is overkill. I make sure everything if off but I don't unplug things.
Regular Contributor
On 3/25/2015 Kachina624 said: Of course I didn't turn the oven on and leave. It was plugged in and came on all by itself while I was in bed asleep.

I'm not trying to be a smart*ss, but why would you have kept it plugged in when not using it?The only thing we keep plugs in is the microwave and the oven(gas, but electric ignition). I won't buy a coffee maker with a timer because I don't plug it in until it's time to make coffee. And to the person who thought it was over kill to unplug things, why do you need to keep a toaster plugged in, it just takes a second to do so? Oh and turning off the water main may not be such a bad idea(I mean I won't do it), but a friend went on vacation, and while away their toilet tank failed causing major water damage.