Respected Contributor

with tax over $40 for 12 hotdogs?!

These dogs had better cook themselves and then clean up the kitchen. Lol

Re: with tax over $40 for 12 hotdogs?!

Tell Dave, instead of comparing BarS hotdogs to Kansas City hotdogs, he should compare Boarshead hotdogs. BarS are cheap dogs, the cheapest dog that is.

Respected Contributor

The sellers  can charge whatever price they want to charge.  It's up to us as consumers to vote with our feet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care how good they taste........too much money for my budget.....

Honored Contributor

There are so many other good brands of hot dog - no need to spend so much on Kansas City.  And, was he really comparing K.C. to Bar S?  Bar S is the lowest of the low, it's not saying much.

Honored Contributor

you all ever bought a hot dog at the ballgame or movie theatre?

Gulp...........little over 3 a dog is a bargain. LOL

Respected Contributor

I expect to pay more if I am covering the labor, overhead, and bun and condiments provided with my hotdog at the ballpark. But yikes, not when I have to cook it and add the extras. The profit margin seems excessive on this food item.

Honored Contributor

Me and hubbo quit going to the show when a small sprite cost 5.00. We sneak in our own popcorn. LOL I carry  a Vera bag you can carry in a refrigerator in those things. I forget what a small bag was..I don't see how families with kids who holler for this and that do it. Really don't. Each kid has to have own drink , popcorn, candy maybe . I can see how it would easily cost 100 to take couple of kids to the show now days. If they want hotdogs or nachos ....yikes !

Esteemed Contributor

last year i took my three grands to the movies...it cost me $38.00 to get in and then i treated them to the snack bar...and that cost me $36. dollars and change....from then on i take a snack in for them and small bottles of water...or i tell them to have a bite to eat before we go....then we will go to lunch when the movie is over....

Honored Contributor

Movie-going has gotten very expensive.  Better I think to watch at home on a big screen TV.  True, you'll miss out on 3-D and IMAX.  3-D isn't worth it but IMAX is fun now and then.