Valued Contributor

Re: NuWave Oven Pros and Cons

OK, so far so good. Watched video and read book and will watch video again. It's a lot to digest at once. I've made a few things like pork chops, sausage, potatoes and veggies and they all turned out good. Some took a little longer than the chart says.

Can anyone tell me how to keep things warm? Any other tips would be appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Just keep dome on, don't remove the food if your just talking about keeping food warm for a little bit should be OK. that dome keeps the hot air contained for awhile.

That dvd U can skip thru segments that U don't want to watch over and over like the unpacking of the product, etc. I just watch the chicken demo, cookie demo and stuff that pertains to what I'm most interested in. The egg demo is something I would never do LOL

Honored Contributor

I like the fact that you can keep the grease contained instead of frying on your stove and having to clean the cooktop for a couple of burgers, sausage, etc. When done cooking on the NuWave put the plastic dome and rack in dishwasher LOL I'm lazy, U can stick the bottom pan in there too. No big deal to wash it by hand though. Saves having to wash a skillet and scrub the cook top. Think those cook times are for people who like things not as well done as maybe I would. Don't want none of that 'rare' stuff. For me it's well done. When we go out I may do med well if the chef gets all nutty on you and doesn't like well done. LOL I got a nephew who does the 'rare' OMG! all they do is throw steak in skillet for a few seconds , flip and do another 10 seconds and there you go ewwwwww I'm not eating no bloody meat...

Valued Contributor

I agree, Sharke. No bloody meat for me, either. How about keeping dome on and then maybe a minute or two at a lesser percentage? I think maybe that would work. Have you ever done that?

Super Contributor

I bought one for my DS last year for his birthday. He's taking it camping with him this coming weekend.

Valued Contributor

Just thought I'd update everyone on my progress thus far. I have made quite a few things in my NuWave and there's only been one that I wasn't really happy with and that was the french fries. I made them from scratch and they were kind of soggy. Not sure why. Yesterday, I made a eye round and it was absolutely delicious. I followed the chart pretty much to a "t" and also used a meat thermometer to make sure. I'd love to hear from some of you that are having success, as well. How about some ideas from your successful recipes?

Contributor

I've had mine for 3 or so years now. We absolutely love ours and use it everyday. My husband uses it for frozen pizzas. The man never used the oven but will use the nuwave. My power bill went down after I started using it too since it doesn't heat up the house like the oven would.
Contributor

I got my NuWave about 3 months ago on a TSV....when I got it, I did read all the instructions and viewed the DVD. Like others have said it really was alot to take in, but after about two weeks, I finally used it! With just my husband and myself, I really like it. Have used it for steaks, sausage, eggs (baked in those little red cups), chicken breasts, burgers, hotdogs, etc. Feature I love most is being able to cook from frozen and the fact that it does not heat up our apartment like the regular oven does.

I'd love to read more tips, recipes and ideas other posters have. Yes, I'd recommend the product...........takes getting used to, especially for us "oldies", but I'm finding it's worth it.