Valued Contributor

Does anyone have the Ninja Coffee Bar?  If so, would you be kind enough to post your opinions of it.  Thanks in advance.  I've been on a search for a coffee pot that makes a good, robust, HOT cup of coffee.  I've tried many but to no avail.  I keep looking at the informercials for this and wonder if it's all they claim it to be.  It's sells for $199.99 but Sam's Club has it for $149...still expensive but I'm willing to pay the price if I can get a great cup of coffee.  Thank you so much.  I'm wondering if the Q will offer it as a TSV in the near future.  Even if they do, I don't think they can come close to the Sam's Club price.                docsgirl

Trusted Contributor

I've been using mine for a little over a month and LOVE it.  It's so much better than the Keurig Rivo I had been using.  I wanted to be able to use my own ground coffee which tastes better and is cheaper.  What I like so much about it is its versability.  It has 4 brewing cycles and 4 volume settings so depending on how much coffee you use there are many multiple options to choose from.  The coffee is much hotter than what I got with my Rivo. My husband and I also like iced coffee and it is great for that too. 

I got mine with a 30% off coupon from Kohl's so paid only $136.38 for it which I think was a great price and the cheapest I could find when I bought it.

Everybody has different wants/needs when it comes to their coffee preferences, but for us this is a perfect machine and I couldn't be happier with it. 

Honored Contributor

@docsgirl@soonersis

I can't help you with a review of the Ninja coffee bar, but if you are a member of Sam's club it became far less expensive starting today. Kohl's will also price match if you show them the item and price (even after you purchased) if it was not long ago. Both of you hopefully know where to locate the info as I can't post a link. HTH

Contributor

Re: Ninja Coffee Bar

[ Edited ]

I had it but took it back.  I suggest if you buy it make sure you can TAKE it back instead of shipping it back.  The coffee it made was not HOT enough for me.  Two of my friends bought it and we tried it, it still was not hot enough. They took their's back too.  I thought maybe I got a lemon but if I did so did my two friends.  I thought the coffee was too strong and bitter.  I do like my coffee strong.  Another thing I did not like was that the opening of the pot was narrow, making it impossible to clean the inside bottom of the pot.  I had a Keurig and it made hot coffee but I was tired of buying the Kcups.  I bought a Cuisinart Classic coffee pot and the coffee is rich in flavor and very HOT.  Which is important to me since I put milk in my coffee.  Ninja wants you to heat your cup or your milk if you need to put milk your coffee.  Keurig or Cuisinart never stated to heat the cup or the milk so that tells you, Ninja knows that they do not make the coffee hot enough to handle adding milk to it.  I think the coffee in the Ninja was bitter because it does not get the water hot enough, I do not have the problem with my Cuisinart.

Frequent Contributor

I got the Ninja Coffee Bar for Christmas and set it up last night. So far My husband and I are very impressed. I find that it makes coffee just as hot as my keurig. Secondly, I think my coffee tastes so much better. I like that it infuses the grounds with a little bit of water, then it begins a full brew. It seems to prep the grounds better for fuller saturation of flavor, rather than the water running straight through. I was tired of using kcups. I love the ability to choose my size, brew strength, make specialty drinks, and iced coffee, it seriously solves a lot of the problems that I had with the keurig. I can use my own coffee and takes regular filters, so the cost savings alone is great! It was a worthwhile replacement for my keurig that was on the fritz. The YouTube review from the Cofee Detective sold me. 

I find that cleaning the tank or the carafe isn't a problem for me, I have small hands and can reach into the corners to clean. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you so much to taking the time to reply. I will look into the Ninja as well as the Cuisinart.The Ninja is sold locally so if it doesn't work for me, I can always return it without the cost of shipping.  I live alone and want more than one cup in the morning but don't want to make a full pot.  Thank you again. Enjoy your morning Joe.   docsgirl

Occasional Contributor

I got the Ninja for Christmas, and was not thrilled about it. After brewing my first pot, I LOVE IT! Keurig was making pretty good coffee but never hot enough. Ninja is very hot, and there's so many options. Love the frother as well. Make your own cappuccino, that's pretty awesome. I, too, wanted to use ground coffee, for better flavor of coffee. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying k cups. Try it out, if you don't like it, return it. Good luck! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to know what the smallest serving it makes? Does it make 1-2 cups that is just as good as a larger pot?

also does it have a keep warm feature that shuts off after awhile?

Contributor

For those of you who say that the coffee is hot, do you add milk to it?  Or anything cold.  My problem, and my friends, was that once we added milk to the coffee it was warm not hot like my Keurig or Cuisinart.   Thank you for your input.  I wanted to like the Ninja because everything you can do with it but I wanted my coffee hot once I put the milk into it.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

This machine has 4 size settings- cup (standard coffee mug), travel mug, half carafe, and full carafe (43 oz). You have to adjust the amount of ground coffee you use for the half carafe (a measured scoop is included to help you), but it will be a short trial and error period for you to figure it out. The model with the glass carafe has a hot plate with a keep warm feature(automatically turns off after 2 hours,  the model with the thermal stainless steel carafe does not.  @okaywitheasypay