Super Contributor

Hello everyone!

First I have to say I am loving my Ninja! I had made a spaghetti sauce the other night that came out so wonderfully, I couldn't believe I made it!

My question is: I have made several chickens and pot roasts in this system. The last time I made it though, the Ninja steamed a lot more than usual and all the liquid dried up in which I had to keep adding. The Ninja was not set on "steam". I am wondering if the Ninja is stuck on steam mode.

Thoughts? thanks!

Respected Contributor
Many of us seem to agree that Ninjas run "hot": you could have a serious safety issue. I love the Ninja, but I won't be surprised if there is a recall. The other night I made meatballs and sauce from scratch-it was wonderful, but had I left it unattended.....what I would do is fill the pot with water, then set it to cook at the setting you were using. Using a thermometer, check the temperature every ten minutes until it seems to be stable. With data in hand, call Customer Service and see what they have to say. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor
Oh, I stupidly forgot a very important issue. Put a known quantity of water in the low-key use four cups. Check the temperature every 10 min. After an hour, let it cool to the point where you can safely handle it, and measure the remaining water. Poodlepet
New Contributor
I just sent my Ninja 4 in 1 back. It ran so hot on every setting that all it did was boil every dish I tried. I chose a refund over exchange.
Respected Contributor
That bothers me tremendously. I have the 3 in1. I am wait listed for the 4, but I am thinking about canceling and getting a Cuisinart. Something very bad seems to be going on with the Ninja, and I don't want to ruin food, or worse, burn my house down. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

There was a discussion about this on one of the Ninja cooker pages on Facebook. A number of people actually heated up water at different settings and temperatures for 30 minutes, and used cooking thermometers to check the temperatures. Not one cooker was heating over the correctly dialed in temperature.

Respected Contributor
I bought the 4-in-1 Ninja cooker when it was the TSV and have not had any temperature issues with mine. The stovetop setting is the highest setting and is suppose to run higher to brown but you need to lower when you are done. The oven settings should run where you set the temperature. Mine runs perfect. I love it and hope they bring out an 8 or 10 quart one as I would purchase another one. I did find that if a chicken etc. is too tall, I put a lower rack in mine and it solved the problem. I will be making a ham for Thanksgiving and will have to use my 12 quart Nesco roaster due to the height of the ham. I gave my slow cooker away.
Contributor
I've been going back and forth between the 3 in 1 and the 4 in 1, I had the SS 4 in1 on my wish list, waitlisted, unfortunately I was notified that it was no longer available and only the green or blue was available. I started to order the green, when I took a look at the 3 in 1, it is still available in 3 colors and the price has been dropped to $119.00 +SH & tax. Not bad, I ordered the white, can't wait to receive it!
Contributor
I've been going back and forth between the 3 in 1 and the 4 in 1, I had the SS 4 in1 on my wish list, waitlisted, unfortunately I was notified that it was no longer available and only the green or blue was available. I started to order the green, when I took a look at the 3 in 1, it is still available in 3 colors and the price has been dropped to $119.00 +SH & tax. Not bad, I ordered the white, can't wait to receive it!
Contributor