Regular Contributor
I have one of the older keurig Brewers which I love, it's the one that was a tsv with the hot water on demand. I think it's about to go and with all the negative reviews for the new 2.0 I am not sure what name brand to buy? Any suggestions? I was looking at the cuisinart but not sure what is all out there in the market. I do use all different kinds of kcups and some might not work in the 2.0.
Honored Contributor

I have the iCoffee and love it.  I've had Keurigs in the past, and this is much better IMO.  I bought it at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a 20% coupon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Keurig Platinum.  Love it, still going.  And I will add the Keurig customer service is awesome.  They took one complaint from me, tried to help  fix the problem and out of kindness or out of patience with  me, not sure which, sent me a brand new one.. a new Keurig Platinum.  I finally with some luck fixed the older one and gave it to my daughter, and it is still running strong.  

I was upset with the 2.0 idea with having to ONLY use special coded cups.  Geez, horse is out of the barn, let it go and allow us to buy the K cups where ever so we can get the best deal.  But no they  stuck to their guns and everyone who can read was using a loophole technique or two from Youtube to break the code. 

I researched and Bed Bath and Beyond has a few other versions to use the K cup.  I bought one and it is my new backup just in case my beloved Keurig dies.  Not going to tell the brand because it is still in the box and I cannot fairly review something I have not used or  even tried.  

Regular Contributor
Bonnielu, did you buy a whole new Brewer from bed bath and beyond? I understand you don't want to tell the name, can you tell me if its a keurig or another brand? I really wish I could find something like I have nowSmiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

I have been so happy with my Keurig that when I replace the one I'm presently using it will be with another Keurig.  I do not have a 2.0, but would exclude any brand or model which doesn't accept the majority of K-cups which are produced by name brand coffee makers and available in my local grocery stores and elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

Negative reviews on the 2.0? I love mine.

I waited until they came out with a My K-cup type insert so that I can brew my own ground coffee. I also purchased an inexpensive SoloClip, which clips inside any 2.0 and allows me to use unlicensed cups from the grocery store. (I recommend the metal SoloClip over the cheaper plastic clips. Reviews say the plastic clips often melt in the heat and become useless, so you'd be buying more of those at $2 each and only need one metal clip for around $7.

Several off-label brands are already making easily recyclable cups and I prefer to use those and am happy a $7 clips lets me do so.

Trusted Contributor

Our son has a Keurig and it never makes the water hot enough for coffee.

Regular Contributor
Where can you find the metal clips? Is there a certain brand they are under?
Contributor

I was a Keurig user for many years but when it finally broke I switched to the Hamilton Beach Flex Brew.  It was $39.99 and makes a very hot and very delicious single cup of coffee - far tastier than the Keurig.  Also comes with a basket so you can use any ground coffee you wish.  Highly recommend!

Honored Contributor

I have an old Keurig I got several years ago at Costco.  It does not have all the bells and whistles to go wrong.  When it gives up the ghost I am going to get a Bunn single brew.