Trusted Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_MWsKSXoBk

Yet another new gadget. I think Cook's Companion has a similar product. I'll pass.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Vitamix scale video

[ Edited ]

Wow, I think it's great and I don't think the 99 dollar price is too high. I have bakers % scale that I paid 40 bucks for and it doesn't have an app to automatically tell me calories or nutritional info. 

I'm seriously considering buying it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow that's cool. Does it only work with the Vitamix or can I use it as a stand alone scale to measure flour for baking etc?

I will answer my  own ? I looked on the Vitamix site & it does say it can be used as a stand alone scale that measures from 0.1 grams up to 6 kgs.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz Go to Joy of Blending website ( I won't post a link since it will get deleted) they have more info.

Bacially it's made by Perfect company which teamed with Vitamix. Perfect also makes a Perfect Bake scale and a Perfect Drink scale. Apparently you can use any of their apps with the Vitamix scale though. So we will be able to use the Perfect Bake app with the Vitamix scale. This makes me want it even more. But to access the Vitamix app you need the Vitamix scale. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Nightowlz Go to Joy of Blending website ( I won't post a link since it will get deleted) they have more info.

Bacially it's made by Perfect company which teamed with Vitamix. Perfect also makes a Perfect Bake scale and a Perfect Drink scale. Apparently you can use any of their apps with the Vitamix scale though. So we will be able to use the Perfect Bake app with the Vitamix scale. This makes me want it even more. But to access the Vitamix app you need the Vitamix scale. 

@jaxs mom Ok Thx, I know where that is. Vitamix also has a full page article right up about it on their site. It's $100 or if you have a Costco it says they will have Demo's in Oct & sell it for $80. I'm out of luck since we don't have a Costco. I also want one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, I saw on another website that Costco will be featuring it this month for 80 dollars. I haven't been to Costco in a week but I will be checking for it. 

I'm mostly excited that I can get nutritional info easily for my from scratch baked goods. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Yes, I saw on another website that Costco will be featuring it this month for 80 dollars. I haven't been to Costco in a week but I will be checking for it. 

I'm mostly excited that I can get nutritional info easily for my from scratch baked goods. 

@jaxs mom I know. That will be so neat to know what's is what your making so easy. I also think it's neat how you get precise calculation of nutrition of your blend plus you can then log it to Google Fit or Apple Health if you want to.

Honored Contributor

If they have it at Costco today I'll post back. I'll have to actually watch a demo for once LOL. 

I'm tired of having to total up the calories for all my home made meals manually to figure out the calories per serving. Especially because I don't buy a lot of prepackaged things. I've been logging my food to stay on my eating plan for the last year. 

Honored Contributor

So my Costco said it was in their system but they didn't know when it would arrive in the store. 

Respected Contributor

It looks awesome to me.  I'd leave that on my counter.

Maybe Q will have it on easy pay.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*