Trusted Contributor

Re: New TSV for a Vitamix coming up soon. Really want one!

Yeah, Jan is really shining today. He's doing an excellent demo with the dry container. This is a very good price, especially with the dry container. I made smoothies and soup with my VM this morning. Once you get the hang of it, you don't really need recipes. I hope everyone is happy with it, if they decide to get one.

Respected Contributor

Love mine! I don't have the dry container, but one of these days I'll get one. If you will use it and can afford it, GO FOR IT.

Valued Contributor

I love mine. In fact, when my daughter married and moved out, I bought one for her, too!

We use ours daily. Nothing else compares! Smile

Honored Contributor

Yes. A regular blender is not the same as a Vitamix or a Blentec. It is definitely worth the money if you want to incorporate the items you can make with a high speed Vitamix. I use mine almost daily...but then we eat lots of fruits and veggies. I also have a juicer, a dehydrator, and an instant pot. My kitchen is set up for a healthy lifestyle. You don't need these items, but they make my life easier and enjoyable because of our diet. I doubt anyone would regret their Vitamix purchase and they last a lifetime.

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a gumbo recipe in the Vitamix cookbooks?
Trusted Contributor

I've had mine for about three years, now....and don't know what I did without it. It is, quite simply, the best purchase I have made for my kitchen.

For a long time, I was like you--I watched the presentations and wished for one, but I was skeptical that it could really be as great as they claimed. Then, I happened to be in Williams-Sonoma when they were doing live demonstrations of the Vitamix. I saw it used first-hand, and got to taste the results. I went home and ordered it from QVC that very day (on EZ Pay).

At first, I think I was intimidated by it, which seems silly now--it is just SO easy to use. But honestly, for the first month or two, it just kind of sat on my counter and stared at me. LOL!

I use my Vitamix every single day....usually multiple times. Smoothies, soups, sauces, desserts. Every single time there is a presentation on QVC, I learn even more recipes and functions.

Occasional Contributor

Question....I bought the VM a few months ago...do I need the dry container or can I use the container that came with it for something other than liquids?

Trusted Contributor

I have had to 'explain' why I have a Vitamix to a couple of people. I am not the type to have the top of the line anything unless I have a good reason, so when I got my Vitamix-some of my family members thought I was nuts.

Well, our family has a story that explains why a Vitamix is a smart purchase. When my family first moved to the suburbs, (many moons ago)-all the lots were the same size, about 1/2 acre. My dad went out and bought the cheapest, gasoline, push mower that there was. The guy down the street bought a top of line lawn tractor. My dad thought he was a big show off and not very good with his money. Anyway, us kids had to cut the grass. It took the better part of the day with that push mower. The guy with the tractor was done in a half hour. Then, he got a wagon for the tractor-he could do yard cleanup, rake up his leaves, spread mulch, take his trash cans out to the curb, etc. Then, he got a snow blade for it-he could plow the snow, spread gravel, etc. If we kids complained-Dad would go into his diatribe about having a big expensive tractor when a lawn mower did the same job. Meanwhile, we had to get a new mower every 4-5 years. The tractor lasted forever.

Finally, us kids moved out and Dad was in charge of the lawn. Guess what the first thing he bought was? A top of line tractor with all the attachments.

So, the moral of the story. Spend your money wisely and make sure to use whatever you spend on-that is smart shopping.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/23/2015 techsupport said:

Question....I bought the VM a few months ago...do I need the dry container or can I use the container that came with it for something other than liquids?

You will need the dry container to grind grains, rice, coffee beans, etc. if you try that in the wet container, stuff gets stuck under the blade and never gets ground.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks - that makes sense!