Regular Contributor
Does anyone know if QVC will have a New Keurig Brewer for the holiday season like they do every year? Hoping they come out with something better to replace the disappointing 2.0 that can use any K-cup!
Honored Contributor

@jjb wrote:
Does anyone know if QVC will have a New Keurig Brewer for the holiday season like they do every year? Hoping they come out with something better to replace the disappointing 2.0 that can use any K-cup!

All new Keurigs are 2.0 system. I haven't read anything about Keurig releasing any non-2.0 systems in the business magazines and they were good about reporting on the Keurig 2.0 and the DRM before it was released to market.

The DRM (Digital Rights Management) is the system in place to prevent unlicensed K-cups from being used by the machine. But immediately after the 2.0 system launched, there were hacks to get around it. I bought a $5 metal clip that disables the DRM system and I can use any K-cup. One coffee maker even gave plastic clips away for free through the mail during the first year the 2.0 system was on the market.

So if you do get a Keurig 2.0, I'd recommend getting a clip. You can also buy the new 2.0 version of the My K-cup, which lets you fill your own cups. They didn't offer that the first year the 2.0 models were around and that made people mad, so they finally released it after much complaining. I've written to them many times and pointed out that other companies were making recyclable K-cups but did not have the DRM licenses. I've told Keurig many times now that I would continue to buy unlicensed but recyclable K-cups until Keurig stepped up and labeled which of their varieties were recyclable and which were not and made more pods recyclable.

Honored Contributor

The company is hanging on by its fingertips to exist at all right now. They can hardly give the 2.0 machines away and it's the older models that are selling. Keurig Kold was such a disaster it lasted about six months before it vanished from the market.

Lastly, a few weeks ago QVC had NO Keurig machines in their product list and was pushing the Ninja Coffee Bar. Today the have a single machine listed - a restrictive 2.0 model.

IMO Keurig is on the way out at QVC, and unless Keurig, which has recently been bought out by a European conglomerate, has been totally hiding some new miracle product, there won't be a "new model" any time real soon.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, how long do your Freedom clips last? Mine either fall out of the machine when I open it and bounce under a cabinet 😩 or the plastic on one side tends to bend from the heat. I've gone through several and only have a couple left which I'm being very careful of.

Trusted Contributor

Re: New Keurig??

[ Edited ]

Hi, @jjb,

I can't answer your question, but I thought I would put in a good word for the Keurig Mini K15... oops I mean the K10.

We had a Cuisinart Keurig brewer for several years and it failed a few months before the 3 year warranty.  So, we shipped that back and got a replacement.  The replacement did not last very long at all.  I was so disappointed.  Of course the warranty for the replacement is not 3 years, it is only the remaining months on the warranty of the first purchase.  I hope this makes sense.

Anyway, we had a Mini K15 that we used for travel, and we brought that out to use.  I realized that I really love this little machine.  It makes a hotter cup of coffee than the big Cuisinart did. 

The Mini K15 is very quick too, under 2 minutes.  It is simple to use, and I can use any k cups.  (I also have a filter that works well with our own ground coffee)

The Mini makes either 6, 8 or 10 oz cup.  If I want a big travel cup, I can always run it two times. 

(Edited to add... I just thought to check for the size of cup that will fit with the drip plate removed.  My large (over 6 inches tall) travel cup does not fit in the K15.  I measured the space, and it is a little over 5 inches high.  So if I wanted to fill my very tall mug I would have to brew into my regular mug and pour into the tall cup.)

I also like the idea that it does not store water.  You pour fresh water into the tank for each fresh cup of coffee.

We ended up buying a 2nd K15 and that is on "loan" to our daughter.  The one our daughter is using is the Jade color, and ours is a beautiful color which I think is called Teal. 

Ok, I have another edit!  I was looking at available brewers on amazon and I realized that both the K10 and K15 was listed.  I thought both our brewers were K15, but I checked my order history here at QVC and realized both brewers are actually K10 models.  One was purchased Dec 2014 and the 2nd was Nov 2015. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Keurig??

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@ChynnaBlue, how long do your Freedom clips last? Mine either fall out of the machine when I open it and bounce under a cabinet 😩 or the plastic on one side tends to bend from the heat. I've gone through several and only have a couple left which I'm being very careful of.

@Moonchilde, I read a lot of reviews and blog posts and people had a lot of trouble with the Freedom clips and the plastic clips because they melt. I bought a metal SoloClip by SoloFill and have only needed the one clip. I got the Keurig 2.0 in January, so I've had the SoloClip in place since then. It's never popped off or come loose. I definitely recommend it! I got mine at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Thanks. @ChynnaBlue, I'll check it out. I didn't know anyone but SF Bay made one. I mostly use "approved" coffee (SFB) but there are several products I like to switch up to a couple of times a week just for variety that are not K-branded.

Trusted Contributor

On Keirig's website, if you click on Hot brewers, for the home, then classic series, they still offer the K55. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue, thanks again. I just ordered one of the Solo Clips, and also one plastic clip that looks like it might be made out of better plastic than the thin, brittle clips. It seems that most people who use the clips mostly leave them in - for me it's the opposite - I only use one occasionally and will be doing it in-and-out, so I'm just figuring that I'll have to buy a few every once in a while as they won't last as long with in-and-out, even the metal one. But it's nice to know there is a supply :-)

Regular Contributor

Is there another brand that you all recommend? I'm not married to the keurig, so if there are any other brands that are better please let me know.