Contributor

This was originally posted in the TSV category, but I was asked to cross-post here. Hope this info helps.

Hello Everyone.

I was concerned re: the news of lead content in Temp-tations, so I thought I would be pro-active and call the Consumer Product Safety Commission and I found out a few interesting details I thought I would share with you.

I expressed my concerns regarding the poster who had conducted her own lead test she had purchased at the hardware store. The women I spoke with at the CPSC informed me they had conducted their own test on the lead testing kit and found them to be INACCURATE. She also told me she knew of very few products, if any, that held no amount of lead in them. CPSC has onecomplaint regarding Temp-tations and that is from the same woman who conducted her own test. In order to get an accurate result, these products need to be sent out to independent labs.

I also contacted Temp-tations and spoke with a Supervisor, expressed my concerns, and this is what I was told;

After this poster made her findings known, Temp-tations re-tested all of their products to ensure their safety and there were absolutely no problems. She also told me all the results from the tests conducted are posted at QVC, just call CS and they should be able to point you in the right direction.

This post is not to create a war, I thought it make some of you feel better, I sure do. I plan to continue using my beautiful Temp-tations, and for those of you who are interested, here's one more piece of information: I was told Tara will be coming out with a new Hospitality Set, sometime in October, which includes, a muffin, bread and pie plate. Yay!