Super Contributor

Need suggestions for new coffee maker please

We currently have a Keurig but I'm wanting to get something different. We each tend to only have one cup of coffee a day at different times of the day. I think I want a maker that will make one good cup or an entire pot. I know that I can make a small amount in any coffee maker but sometimes those don't taste great. I also want to use ground coffee, not pods, any suggestions? Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need suggestions for new coffee maker please

I got a Kitchenaid - makes great coffee.

Respected Contributor

@Ellabella wrote:
We currently have a Keurig but I'm wanting to get something different. We each tend to only have one cup of coffee a day at different times of the day. I think I want a maker that will make one good cup or an entire pot. I know that I can make a small amount in any coffee maker but sometimes those don't taste great. I also want to use ground coffee, not pods, any suggestions? Thanks!

Three words...Ninja Coffee Bar.  We bought the TSV a few weeks ago, and it is the best coffee maker we've ever had.  You can make a nice big cup, a travel mug, a half carafe, or a full carafe.  You use ground coffee in it.  The TSV was the older model, but it was a great buy.  They have a new model out that has a built in frother.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ellabella

I am in a similar situation that you are.  I had a large Keurig that stopped heating several months ago. From my garage storage, I had a 4 cup Mr. Coffee brewer and got this one out to use.  It has the regular basket-type paper filter and the 4 cups capacity is actually more like two large mugs!  

I also had a single brew Keurig that I got at Big Lots for my office at work. After I retired, I brought it home.  It is a K-30 (a really ancient model), but it uses the generic coffee pods and this makes me happy!

Right now, I use both the 4-cup Mr. Coffee and the Keurig depending on my mood.  

I, like you, am so tempted to buy a new coffee maker.  But, for now, as long as both units are working, I am happy with this set-up.  I have both of them side-by-side and they don't take up a lot of space.  The advantage of the small drip maker is that I waste very little coffee because I don't make too much.

I have been tempted to purchase the Ninja, but some of the reviews are not favorable.

Good luck with your search!

Regular Contributor

I agree - NINJA COFFEE BAR!!! Best coffee EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Single cup, carafe, ice coffee it does it all and it's all delish!!!! I really never thought an at home coffee maker could make coffee SO well. I just finished an iced pumpkin latte!!  

Trusted Contributor

Technivorm makes the best on te market.  Great quality without a lot of bells and whistles.

Super Contributor

I agree too, the ninja coffee bar, I got the tsv and when I started using it I was not filling the water container up to the max so all the water that I did put in there was being used to brew out, so my cups were overfilling.  I called customer service and they were so great on helping me and explaining everything, They were patient and kind with me and asked questions. I made a cup of coffee while on the phone with them, they wanted to make sure everything was fine before hanging up. Ever since that, all I can say is the coffee is great! I love the recipes in the book and it is so nice to be able to make different flavors and types of coffee and sooo much cheaper then the pods. I love mine

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

iCoffee is a good machine for single serve, but they are coming out with one that makes coffee house style coffees with steamed milk and all. I suspect they are releasing this Black Friday or so. Their website is icoffee dot com.  It is called iCafe.  It is the third little scrolling ad on their main page.  There are a few youtube videos from the housewares shows.

Super Contributor

Thank you all for suggestions! I was looking at the ninja coffee bar, it looks really nice. I'll have to look at them, I know Costco has one.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely check out the Ninja Coffee Bar.  I had the original one for about a year and loved it but recently got the new version as I got it on sale from Kohl's and they also had 30% off so it was a great deal.  Decided it keep my old one as a backup in case my new one breaks down. 

Don't know the price on these at Costco, but Sam's Club has it on sale now for about $130 (a little more than what I paid but still a good price).  This new version has 2 types, one has 4 size settings and the one I got has 6 (cup, XL cup, travel, XL travel, half carafe, and full carafe.)

It makes great tasting coffee (my husband says it's better than Starbucks brewed, Ha!) and I like being able to use my own ground coffee.