Frequent Contributor

NEWEST Keurig ….. not the tsv

Just went to the Keurig website.  If you got yesterday's tsv ... 10/3 .... congrats.  However, there is a brand new Keurig.  I had a feeling there was something new.  Lots of times qvc gets a large amount of something (Keurig, computers, etc)  to sell at a good price because the product company wants to get rid of them to make room for their latest & greatest model.  Anyway, it's called the Keurig Supreme Plus Smart.  You can program it through your phone, even the time to start brewing.  Has lots of nice features.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NEWEST Keurig ….. not the tsv

I agree........wants to get rid of them.............newer around the corner

Honored Contributor

@CindyDale I realize plenty of shoppers want all the features, but for me at my stage in life, I buy simple whenever I can.

I use one of the early mini Keurigs but used the TSV version for a week in June at a friend's home.  The one feature of that one I would like to have is the water carafe, just didn't buy while mine is working.  (There's always a drip pot and coffee in my house if needed.)

Trusted Contributor

I bought that model when it was a TSV the last time and it was awful. I got rid of it and went back to one of the older models. Newer isn't always better, I have Bluetooth on my Nespresso machine and never use it.

Respected Contributor

The more bells and whistles, the more things to go wrong.

Honored Contributor

The new Keurig Smart will not be a TSV, but QVC is scheduled to make it available for purchase soon.  I asked Melissa, the Keurig vendor, about already. 

I think the QVC buyers think their core base would never purchase a coffee maker that you can program from your phone -- at least not enough in sales to justify making it a TSV.  Makes sense actually.

I almost purchased the new Smart version from Best Buy last week, but I'll wait to see if QVC has a better price or throws in K-cups.

I already have the same version as yesterday's TSV.  I've had it for a year at least, and it works fantastic for me. I think the Smart version would be nice to have in my home office so I can start it when my wake up alarm goes off. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am wondering why anyone would want to control their Keurig coffee maker from their phone.

You would have to preload the coffee pod. The coffee brews In less than a minute and you will have to go pick it up in person. IMO, this new feature is silly and seems so unnecessary. In the time it takes to open your phone app and "order" your coffee, you could walk there and press start.

Occasional Contributor

Does anyone else have a problem with the "descaling" light not going away on the new verson of the Keurig?  I have descaled it twice already and the descale light is still on? 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, and it got so aggravating that Keurig replaced the unit. 

Honored Contributor

I bought the Keurig TSV at Costco about 1 year ago.  Don't remember what I paid but I bought it because of the handle on the water container.  I have arthritis in my hands and it was difficult to use the water container on my old Keurig (after I dropped it a couple times I gave up).  I really like the TSV one.