Honored Contributor

My Temptations Cracked in the Middle of Cooking a Meatloaf

[ Edited ]

:{  Not happy.  Owned it a while but barely used it.  Maybe 3-4 times.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Temptations Cracked in the Middle of Cooking a Meatloaf

Did it fall apart, or stay together, just cracked?

Respected Contributor

That stinks.  Sorry that happened to you.  

I bought a few pieces when it first came out, but donated them a long ago,  I would never buy anything in that line again...too many disappointed customers with stories like yours.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imtep  I had this happen to me and it literally cracked in half in the oven.

There have been many complaints on here about the brand, I never use my existing pieces to cook since that happened, only for fruit or something on the counter or serving something cold, Smiley Sad   Total junk and waste of money.

Honored Contributor

No, not yet, and I'm not waiting for it to.  I'm certainly not going to bake in it again.  It cracked at the corner, on the inside of the bottom and all the way around to the underside.

Honored Contributor

That's a common problem according to many reviews.

Never bought any for that reason.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Yeah.... this is something that happens often with Temptations.  Had it happen a couple of times with large cassarole dishes.  Their clay and firings are not sufficient.  But I can tell you that I had this happen once with a very high end piece of Polish Stoneware (from Gloria) and it was because I was cooking it at 375 and they recommend NOT cooking higher than 350!!  I believe them now.... what a mess and completely ruined a $200 baking dish. 

I've never bought another piece of Temptations.  I sold what I had on eBay.  I have a full set of Polish Stoneware (all Gloria's) including dinnerware and what happened to my baking dish is the only piece I've ever had break or crack but it was my fault for putting it in a too hot oven.

Love the Polish Stoneware.... Woman Happy 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I use the few Temptations pieces I have under plants or for flowerpot holders, after a few cracked after cooking in them as directed..

The Lid-Its and 9x13 bakers make pretty flower pot holders for the stuff I winter over in the house....

Am I the only one who holds thier breath when Tara takes a 9x13 out of the QVC oven and walks across the studio with it to the display table...thinking ...

"If that baker cracks and breaks now, with ten pounds of boiling hot lasagne in it, I hope the burn unit is standing by....."????

Seriously. I get very nervous when I see them carry those bakers full of red hot food knowing how many cracks have happened....

Esteemed Contributor

I would just up and die if one made such a mess in my oven, or anywhere else.  I trust my cast iron not to betray me.

Super Contributor

I was baking lasagna and mine broke to bits in the oven.  I had to contact TempTations customer service who so graciously offered a replacement if I returned the "defective" item and paid $10  shipping.  No thank you.  I won't even watch her now.