Super Contributor

Re: My Pressure Cooker Met Its Maker

I have no suggestions. Just wanted to say I still use the Presto I won in 1964 while playing Bingo at Bellows Air Force Base in Hawaii. It's the best thing I have in the kitchen.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Occasional Contributor

Girl!!! What are you doing taking tumbles with a pressure cooker in your hands?? That is no way to be working out! Smiley Wink

Seriously, I really hope you are ok.

I have and love the Fagor 3-in-1 pressure cooker from Amazon. Have had mine for years now and it works fantastic!!!

Respected Contributor

On 1/8/2014 1mamaj said:

I love my Nesco 6qt electric pressure cooker that I got from Amazon ($74) 3 yrs. ago. It cooks with both low and high pressure, it will also slow cook like a crock pot and brown meat. I checked on these this past week at Amazon and they are still $74 and free shipping. It has a lot of reviews, check it out!

If the OP wants a 6 quart one, this is the one I'd get also.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2014 mima said:
On 1/8/2014 1mamaj said:

I love my Nesco 6qt electric pressure cooker that I got from Amazon ($74) 3 yrs. ago. It cooks with both low and high pressure, it will also slow cook like a crock pot and brown meat. I checked on these this past week at Amazon and they are still $74 and free shipping. It has a lot of reviews, check it out!

If the OP wants a 6 quart one, this is the one I'd get also.

I too have this pc..I've had it for 2 years now...and use it at least twice a week...no problems..I got my from the Walmart..DW

Super Contributor

1mamaj, that's what I need is to set and forget. I have so much stuff going on right now that I just want to be able to throw it all in there and leave it and in a short bit it's done. I guess that's why I liked other one I had so much. I love cooking chili and spaghetti sauce under pressure too. It really infuses those flavors together so fast. Guess that's why before the pressure cooker I liked it better the second day....lol.

Cardamom, thank you! Great price! I will see if they have something bigger so that we have leftovers. I tend make several days at one time.

michlady1, that's awesome you have had a pressure cooker that long!!! I'm VERY impressed with that. You can't beat free especially when it's an awesome game of Bingo. Congratulations!!! It has been a good one! It's like a Kitchen Aid mixer.

BEgal, you know me well....lol. My core engaged!!!!! I'm serious too. I felt my abs tighten up and stopped me from going down with it. There was even snow on the patio. I don't know how I honestly remained upright because I thought I was going to give the concrete a big ol kiss with my face. At least my face would have healed which is more than I can say for my poor pressure cooker. I'm ok though...honestly. Thank goodness muscles has memory and it saved me. I'll look on Amazon at the Fagor cooker too. Thanks for the suggestion girlie!!

Super Contributor

On 1/8/2014 michlady1 said:

I have no suggestions. Just wanted to say I still use the Presto I won in 1964 while playing Bingo at Bellows Air Force Base in Hawaii. It's the best thing I have in the kitchen.

I love your story. Thanks for sharing.
Trusted Contributor

I really like my Wolfgang Puck pressure cooker I bought on HSN. It's the one with the dial not the buttons. I use it a lot and would replace it with the same if anything happened to it. They often have it on a good sales price (sometimes free shipping) when he's on during his shows.

Super Contributor

Ditto on the WP from the Southern Channel. Just retired my oval one from Q that they sold several years ago, the non-stick is starting to peel and you can't get replacement parts. Love the WP one with the dials, I think it is 8 Qt and was a TSV a couple of months ago. I also have an Elite 8QT that I like, but have found that it scorches food on the bottom when I make Chili or Stew in it.

Honored Contributor

I want one that tells me what a great cook I am.

Occasional Contributor

I too have the 6qt Nesco.. works like a dream... I WP bit the dust and didnt' work nearly as well as the nesco... the other one I would look at is the InstaPot.. everyone raves about them..