Esteemed Contributor

My Mother's Day Pie Face Planted

DD came home late afternoon from a hair appt. She came in with a bag and was &*%&*^

a streak.  I laughed and asked if she kissed her Mother with that mouth.  She handed me the bag and said, I know you like strawberry pie so I brought you one, it was beautiful when I bought it.

Coming home some "dipstick" (her word) decided to pull out in front of her. Luckily, she was doing the speed limit and he shot out of the side  road fast enough to prevent colliding. Of course, she hit the brakes and  my pristine pie flew off the seat and ended pretty much upside down in the box in the footwell of her car.

It's the thought that counts and it was still good.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Mother's Day Pie Face Planted

So glad everyone is safe and ok.  The pie will still fine.  Bless her heart!  You know that was stressful.

He'll get Karma sooner or later, don't ya know!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Well I commend her effort! Glad she wasn't hurt.

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG @ECBG   Thanks, I'm glad she was ok too. I think the guy realized he misjudged  how much room he had and decided to really step on it. Could have been worse.  She is a wonderful woman. It's scary to have a daughter almost 50 yrs. old.

Respected Contributor

I'm so glad she was not hurt.  I have been a victim of these kind of drivers.  Sometimes I yell, "where are the police when you need them".   God bless.

Respected Contributor

I had an experience like that some years ago.  It's so frustrating.  We were having a luncheon at work and I had a crockpot full of baked beans on the floor of my car.

I was being very careful, but some dipstick made a right hand turn in front of me and I had to break hard.  So the beans spilled all over the floorboard on the carpet mats.  I had to pull over and pick up what I could.  When I got to my parking lot I pulled the mats out onto the ground so that my car wouldn't smell like beans .... as much.  Needless to say, I learned that lesson.