Esteemed Contributor

The Hubby and I met my Sister and BIL yesterday at a restaurant just outside of a State Park an hour away.  I never order roast beef anything when I'm out.  Usually a salad or fish of some kind. For somereason I ordered a RB melt with swiss and carmalized onions. It was on thicker sliced bread, grilled to perfection. The beef was thinly sliced and there was a lot of it. It was great. They also have some of the best NE clam chowder I've ever had.  By passed it yesterday though.

We love this place, not inexpensive but so worth it. My Sister and I love corn fritters (Mom made them). This place has them as appetizers.  We got some to share so no one would be stuffed. They come with maple syrup.

Does anyone else have a favorite place for lunch?   Also, am I the only "fritter" fan?

Esteemed Contributor

I like Panera bread. I love the salads and once in a great while I get a soup. Also in our area is a place called Eat n Park, they have a great salad bar, this is DH and mine lunch date on Wednesday. They have the best salad bar ingredients. Good soup and chili. Yum. Now I’m hungry! 🤣🤣😋

Esteemed Contributor

@godi   I am a soup lover.  I always ask that first.  I love Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup. It's really rich and I only get it twice a year maybe.

Trusted Contributor

I’m originally from the Pittsburgh area and Eat ‘n Park was around as long as I can remember...sadly they closed a few years ago.  I was so happy when my daughter was going to college at Penn State.  We went to Eat ‘n Park often near campus...Always found something good to eat...and always brought something home from the bakery.  Do they still make the “smile cookies” ?   Unfortunately, this placed closed too.  

Now I’m craving a cookie.  😊

@godi wrote:

I like Panera bread. I love the salads and once in a great while I get a soup. Also in our area is a place called Eat n Park, they have a great salad bar, this is DH and mine lunch date on Wednesday. They have the best salad bar ingredients. Good soup and chili. Yum. Now I’m hungry! 🤣🤣😋

Trusted Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2We live in Western NY and I enjoy going to Allegheny State Park which is about one and a half hours away, they have a restaurant with an outdoor patio that has a post card view.  The cheeseburgers there are just scrumptious !!!!

Valued Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

The Hubby and I met my Sister and BIL yesterday at a restaurant just outside of a State Park an hour away.  I never order roast beef anything when I'm out.  Usually a salad or fish of some kind. For somereason I ordered a RB melt with swiss and carmalized onions. It was on thicker sliced bread, grilled to perfection. The beef was thinly sliced and there was a lot of it. It was great. They also have some of the best NE clam chowder I've ever had.  By passed it yesterday though.

We love this place, not inexpensive but so worth it. My Sister and I love corn fritters (Mom made them). This place has them as appetizers.  We got some to share so no one would be stuffed. They come with maple syrup.

Does anyone else have a favorite place for lunch?   Also, am I the only "fritter" fan?

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Care to share the restaurant name?  I love roast beef sandwiches & N.E clam chowder...being from N.E. of course! 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@Mombo1 Yes they still make those great smiley cookies. 😋 

Esteemed Contributor

Our vibrant, historic downtown area has a cafe in the neighborhood that has been around over 100 years. They give free, warm cinnamon rolls with every purchase. They also have a homemade pie cabinet. Breakfast is served all day long along with specials and menu items. All ages as patrons. It's interesting the way young adults love breakfast. I enjoy the BTAE (bacon,tomato, avocado with fried egg. Of course cheese is on it. I order this no where else and never make it at home. Only at the special place.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Scorpio1971   It is the Rickett's Glen Hotel on Rt. 118 in PA. We passed it for years going back and forth to Parents after I moved up here. The parking lot was usually packed.  We finally went a few years ago and were surprised by this little place.  They have a large deck for summer dining. On weekends we make reservations. Like I said it's not inexpensive to the food is have always been wonderful and plentiful. It's not fancy and as to hotel, they have a few rooms to rent.  It"s pretty much in the middle of nowhere. The state park is beautiful and is packed, except in winter, with hikers and there is a lake up the mountain with a beach and picnic tables. Had family reunions there when I was younger.

Valued Contributor

A few years ago I checked out the lunch menu at my work.  CORN FRITTERS!  I thought lunch would never come!  I rushed to the cafe and got a order, I was so sad when they did not have any maple syrup!  They were sprinkled with powdered sugar instead!  Disappointed is a understatement.