Respected Contributor

I have the Ninja 3 n 1, the Cook's Essential 11 or 13 in 1, and the Instant Pot 7 n 1.  I would do the Instant Pot because it is also a pressure cooker.  It does the same as the others, but it is a pressure cooker which serious infuses flavors in everything you cook in it, plus it is quicker than regular cooking.  I do like the shape of the Ninja and Cook's Essential, but the pressure cooker function is vital!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Allegheny

It is a personal decision. I brown in my large frying pan or Dutch oven, then cook in whatever way I like. I am not in a hurry so do not need pressure cooker function. And I do NOT want kitchen clutter. I like having something yummy in the oven or in the Dutch oven on the stove! Last year, someone gave me one of those extra burners that you plug in and use on the countertop. Why? That went right to goodwill, too. 

@libbyannE  If that burner was an induction burner,  you made a big mistake.   Best thing since sliced bread.   I set mine on top of my glass top stove and haven't used the stove since I got it.   You ought to be more open-minded and at least try these things before donating. 

I'm not a big fan of the induction burners because you have to have the right pan to use it.  I do have a countertop burner which comes in handy because I only have 2 eyes on my stove.  The other side is a grill which I use all the time, so I wouldn't want to give that up.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Allegheny

It is a personal decision. I brown in my large frying pan or Dutch oven, then cook in whatever way I like. I am not in a hurry so do not need pressure cooker function. And I do NOT want kitchen clutter. I like having something yummy in the oven or in the Dutch oven on the stove! Last year, someone gave me one of those extra burners that you plug in and use on the countertop. Why? That went right to goodwill, too. 

@libbyannE  If that burner was an induction burner,  you made a big mistake.   Best thing since sliced bread.   I set mine on top of my glass top stove and haven't used the stove since I got it.   You ought to be more open-minded and at least try these things before donating. 

I'm not a big fan of the induction burners because you have to have the right pan to use it.  I do have a countertop burner which comes in handy because I only have 2 eyes on my stove.  The other side is a grill which I use all the time, so I wouldn't want to give that up.

@Icegoddess  There is a conversion plate available that you can slip under any pan to make it induction ready. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Allegheny wrote:

@libbyannE  I know what you mean.  I do have a NuWave induction burner, another item that comes in handy but not used much.  When time comes to replace my cooktop I will probably do a combination gas and induction unit.

@Allegheny - I just upgraded by glass top electric cooktop to an induction cooktop and I am so very happy with it.  It's really as responsive as gas and safer.  I'm just loving it.  I had the NuWave induction burner and loved it and that led me to upgrading.  This is so powerful, I gave away my NuWave because now it's too slow for me!

Now, for the multi-cooker.  I had a Ninja, really didn't use it much.  I recently got a muli-function electric rice cooker/pressure cooker/slow cooker.  It basically does EVERYTHING.  So, I gave my daughter the Ninja and my dil my crock pot.  Now have just one item to store instead of two.  I made pot roast the other day and it was so easy and perfect.  Yesterday made chicken and pasta and again it was perfect.  I did make rice in it as well and again, so easy.  Still have to test something with the slow-cooker function, just to make sure it works, but I think all my slow cooker recipes will work beautifully with the pressure cooking feature so who knows!

Honored Contributor

Re: Multi Cookers

[ Edited ]

@Allegheny
I love my Ninja.  I use it often.  It's so easy to clean also.  I like the steam roasting best (which is much faster) and use that to do meats on the rack with potatoes beneath.  After
I steam roast meats then I like to steam asparagus with the meat juices.  I also like that I can brown pork and beef roasts and then use the slow cooker without having to use another pot plus the oval pot is way better than the round slow cookers.  I have also made toasted cheese in it.

Super Contributor

I love my ninja.  I use it frequently, for the family and for company.  My husband can't believe how easy it is to do a prime rib roast without failure.  Clean up is a breeze.  I sometimes cook in it and then take the insert only to my parent's and place it right into hers to keep the food warm until we can get the rest of the meal ready. 

I have learned how to adapt a lot of recipes to the one pot without much difficulty.  As for soup, it's so nice to make 6 quarts at once and then be able to freeze it or give it to those who aren't able to cook.  

For me, it works!

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Allegheny

@Kachina624

No need for it. I am glad if someone else could use it. I don't need to eat up counter space with an extra burner. Please do not tell me what I " ought' to like or not like. I like my restaurant stove, thank you.

Respected Contributor

LOVE my 11 in 1 Cooks Companion Multi Cooker- it does everything (and more) even mkes yogurt- Allison Waggoner has a gerat cookbook for it too.

Once you use one, you will never go back to any kind of crockpot that doesnt brown (well, mabe just to keep stuff warm)

Respected Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@libbyannE wrote:

@Allegheny

@Kachina624

No need for it. I am glad if someone else could use it. I don't need to eat up counter space with an extra burner. Please do not tell me what I " ought' to like or not like. I like my restaurant stove, thank you.

Wow.  I don't think Kachina624 meant any harm or even to be snarky in her post.  She's just excited about induction, something I can totally understand.  Your reply however just hit me wrong expectially with your "restaurant stove" ....  just have to say well la-di-da....

Respected Contributor

@Mothertrucker - That's the one I have and love too.  I ordered the wonder pot a while back and it arrived broken.  I was dismayed at the amount of plastic on that piece and realized that's why the price was so low.  The 6.3 qt multi-cooker is very well made and more than worth the price.