Honored Contributor

I'm humbled. I guess my L&L "problem" was worse than I thought.

My post about the L&L TSV was removed.

I guess it's against the rules to post it ahead of time.

Sorry 'bout that.

In any case, I come before you, humbled.

I cleaned my garage today and low and behold, in addition to the two shelves of L&L that don't fit in my kitchen basket, I found an entire box of the fridge L&L that hadn't even been opened.  

I have one fridge set that I love - I guess I ordered a second?

RED FLAG!

I thinned the herd, so to speak, and donated a big bagful of them to Goodwill, organized the rest, and canceled my order for the TSV.

There's a part of my that's crying inside, but it had to be done :-(

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: I'm humbled. I guess my L&L "problem" was worse than I thought.

Oh, @house_cat I feel your pain, I have way too much L&L and yet when new sets are presented I 'm so tempted. What the heck is it about this product ?? LOL🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Oh, @house_cat I feel your pain, I have way too much L&L and yet when new sets are presented I 'm so tempted. What the heck is it about this product ?? LOL🌺

I know it appeals to my OCD tendencies and my need to be tidy and organized.  The irony is that my stash of L&L is probably the least organized thing I own!

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I don't know how anybody could have too much - you just build more rooms onto your house!  Smiley Happy

But, seriously, nice find and good handling of the situation.  Smiley Happy

I've gotten away from ordering more 'sets'.   But sometimes there is a size of which I want more so I will find them and just buy them individually.  A number of the sizes I have in use 100% of the time are favorite sizes and I've needed to get more of just that one size.   Some of them I have several, but I do use them so I guess it makes sense.  (It does to me, anyway)

Maybe we're in the same boat!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I'll never understand why people get so excited about storage containers.   I have one small set that will last me a lifetime and even it consumes too much storage space.   I'll probably throw several of the less used pieces away.   I'd rather use zip lock bags which don't have to take cupboard or much refrigerator space. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Kachina, it's different when you have a family.....and possibly, they have different needs. Zip loc bags have their uses, but so do solid containers.

If you don't know what it is like, than be quiet.

Poodlepet2

Super Contributor

My mom got me started on L & L and I just love it. I can store veggies for our guinea pigs  for over a week in them and it never rots before we use it up. I have tried many different things to store them in and these help the veggies last the longest. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't feel bad, @house_cat.  I just ordered a set of totally un-needed but very cute star shaped ramekins direct from the Temp-tations website, because I didn't have anything in this particular color AND they were 40% off.  I don't have the L&L fascination but I do have it for other stuff!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'll never understand why people get so excited about storage containers.   I have one small set that will last me a lifetime and even it consumes too much storage space.   I'll probably throw several of the less used pieces away.   I'd rather use zip lock bags which don't have to take cupboard or much refrigerator space. 

I don't know why, either, but I know I do. 

It always amazes me how excited people get over other things, like jewelry and shoes, for instance.  I never notice the jewelry or shoes my friends are wearing, but if they brought me food, I'd notice the container!  

Different strokes for different folks, I guess :-)

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I have 3 of the sets of 6 that all stack inside one another here at home and use them all the time. I like that they don't use up a lot of cabinet space. At our summer camp I have a square set - don't like them as well, and a very large round bowl that has a divider top to take things to pot luck type picnics. Since that is my only really large bowl I use it all the time - making potato salad - storing a cut watermelon - mixing a large salad - the bowl is always getting used.