Super Contributor

Re: May 10 Today is National SHRIMP DAY. Here is my all time favorite recipe for shrimp, what's yours??

I love shrimp!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub} All kinds of shrimp... and that reminded me of the Bubba shrimp scene in Forrest Gump, so forgive me please, I had to. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rT5fYMfEUc

Honored Contributor

Re: May 10 Today is National SHRIMP DAY. Here is my all time favorite recipe for shrimp, what's yours??

I like my shrimp deep fried.

Super Contributor

I am a little late to the shrimp fest, but for going out to our favorite Chinese Restaurant, either the Honey Walnut Shrimp or Sweet and Spicy Shrimp. For homemade, either our Shrimp Tacos or Shrimpies Shrimp and Cheese Spread for which I have included the recipe.

SHRIMPIES {Shrimp & Cheese Spread}

2 Cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese

2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese

2 4 - 4.25 ounce cans of Deveined Shrimp - Drained (You can use Tiny, Small or Medium Shrimp)

1 Small Can Chopped Black Olives - Drained

4 (or more) Green Onions Sliced and Chopped

3/4 Cups Mayonnaise

1 Tablespoon Mustard (we use Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard)

4 – 6 Shakes Worcestershire Sauce

Garlic Powder to taste

Bread to put spread on: We like to use Cocktail Rye, but it is also good on Sour Dough and French Bread. We have also used it to make Quesadillas, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches and broiled on top of a baked potato. This recipe makes enough spread for 3 Loaves of Cocktail Bread, but can easily be halved.

In a large bowl, combine the shredded cheeses, shrimp, chopped olives and sliced/chopped green onions. Add the mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder. Stir with a large spoon, until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Spread on Bread of choice, place on a foil lined baking sheet. In a Toaster Oven or Regular Oven, broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, Watch Closely. Serve Warm.

Refrigerate any leftover spread in tightly sealed container.

tkins