Contributor

I was so excited to see this small smoker, thinking it would be perfect for my apartment balcony.  Management allows gas or electric grills with no problems, but when I read the instruction book it says to NOT use it under overhead construction, and keep it ten feet from walls or railings.  That's not possible on an apartment balcony.  I wish they'd tell you these things in the demo.  Someone suggested those guidelines might be CYA on Masterbuilt's part.  Has anyone used a smoker on an apartment bacony?

Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Portable Smoker

Says to keep it ten feet from walls; comes with a six-foot cord.  SMH

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

Re: Masterbuilt Portable Smoker

I'm sorry @Deb in SD

I don't live in an apt. but I can tell you...we have the full size electric Masterbuilt Smoker which we use ALL winter long IN our garage with never a problem!  There is room around it but definitely a ceiling!

We crack the back door open a smidge but even the winter to end all Buffalo winters (2 yrs ago) in those brutal below 0 temps...we still smoked in our garage!

Absolutely NO problems.

We move it out back to the patio area in the summer but if it is monsooning...back in the garage it goes and we smoke a LOT!

Outside it is back against the house with some 'breathing' room behind it but it is against the house.  Ours is no where near ten feet from walls.

Even though a balcony has an overhead...I think you would be fine as long as it isn't tight, tight against the wall....Just my opinion.

It is possible the portable one is made differently...I am not sure.

Good luck!