Honored Contributor

Yeah, she's more of a strong family/ grounded person/ not that ambitious

and isn't a Spring chicken as neither am I.

She would be missed .

Valued Contributor

Mary Beth has been training all the new hosts for some time.  Now an expanded role overseas.  Eventually I think that will be her job.  She’s been in the business a long time.  Kids are out of the house and nearing 60.  I expect to see many of the older hosts leave in the next year or so.  It’s quite evident with the younger hosts being featured daytime.  There business model for a host seems to be the Amy/Kerstin/Mary host style.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't imagine why the Italians would need Mary Beth to train them.  QVC Italy has been around for years.  Doesn't make any sense....but it explains why prices are so high.

Honored Contributor

It looks like they are moving the old out and bringing in the new. I'm surprised these hosts hold onto their jobs as long as they do, didn't one of the Dan's actually retire at like 65!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Mary Beth in kitchen

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Sorry to report my NuWave 6 qt air fryer went dead on me. It was black I had bought it at Kohl's back around xmas. I couldn't get the basket back in the drawer, so, I kind of got rough with it, then, when I went to take the basket out of the drawer it wouldn't release it !

Hubbo, took the screws out of it, but, then the screws were so short we couldn't get back in to attach it, got tired of messing with it and threw it to the trash curb.

I already got the older , red see thru version of a air fryer so don't need another one, but, if I get one in future will be thru Q since they carry the colors. It's NuWave, too. They all scratch (drawer) just put my salmon

in the old round one and can see it better any way

@SharkE 

Never ever ever use brute force to a kitchen appliance like an Air Fryer or Pressure to fit back after using.  It will certainly cause irreparable damage to the unit.   Or worse, injure or kill you.  If you correctly insert the pan or lid, it will always easily fit smoothly back or lock.   A gentle hand works wonders with these appliances.   I use parchment liners to avoid scratching the inner basket.  Mine have never scratched.

Good luck.

IMO,  QVC seems to be hiring younger fresh faced hosts with intent to replacing the older hosts.  Don’t know why, because the demographics seem to be older “mature” viewers.  Puzzeling.

Occasional Contributor

I enjoyed watching Mary Beth in the kitchen.  I love watching the cooking shows but David and the other Mary likes to show off and trys to be comedians but I wish they would learn from Mary Beth that you don't have to act around to sell the product ..Doing happy dances and making faces when eating something does not sell the product...

Respected Contributor

I don't think Mary Beth is really ready for retirement, unless she isn't okay from her car accident. But I see big changes coming for the Q. And I notices a new Trend all ready.I wouln't be surprised if she would really move to Italy, if she went to be trained , she must be serious about change.Good for Her, if she gets a chance. How wonderful for her if is what she wants. Go Mary !! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I doubt Mary Beth would leave the US since a lot or maybe all of her family is here.